Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious....when running between 500-6000whp...what size piping would you use? 3 inch or what? does anyone know? how big of an intercooler? does anyone have any idea ? who makes a good intercooler?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom....your 700plus hp monster. did you have to use nitrious? what size piping did you have on there? intercooler? message me if you want. this forum is to inform and entertain also! please reply back!

·
Registered
672 Posts
500-600 is do able. but it's going to depend on how deep you pockets are. Return fuel system. Race fuel and a VERY Big turbo. Intercooler 29*12*3. lot of work. it would be nice to see what tom did on his 700hp build.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
ummm.... Tom [poke] [bootyshak

3" IC piping, 3.5 MAF, and probably liquid to air IC

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
yes i have the custom focus power cylinder head for sale along with my built short block.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I used 2.5 from turbo to IC , The IC I ran was a air to water PWR , piping from IC to TB was 2.5 inch with a 3.25 maf made into the piping

Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used 80mm piping, and a front mounted, air-to-air, & high-flow intercooler (with 12mm tubing)...

...I currently drive "Ivan" (Zetec-E based 2.0 Focus). Yesterday it was his first dyno as a 2.0 lt car (note: It was - originally - a 1.6 lt vehicle): 485 whp (around 550 Hp overall) @ 7.340 rpm / 49,3 Kgr. of wheel-torque @ 6.280 rpm. Using a GT3582 and @ 1.8 bars pressure.

With a much more powerful power supply I can work @ 2.0 bars (and reach even higher numbers). It's one of the remaining mods- hehe! ;-)

The one thing that was a bitch to find, was the some really cool spark plugs for the Focus! We don't have very many...choices really :-S :-/ I ended up using Denso's ITV-27, and nearly kissed @ss to find them too, would you believe! :-O

...At least everything went well, so I ain't bitching no more! lol! ;-Pp ;-D

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes, if you have an e-mail... ;-)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If you have that much power you really need RWD, traction would be a huge problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i wonder if you could get longer gears installed to help with the traction issue. if your running much power you could afford to lose some torque to the gear ratio! lol

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
how steep?? 2:1 final drive? i mean, it would help, but when ur making that much power, and you still have FWD, for anything but a drag car, its pretty much pointless.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
honestly i dont know why anyone would want that kind of power... im running about 370whp and have 200 compound tires and can smoke the tires at 75mph.... its rather pointless... i have though about the taller gears and havge not been able to find anyone that makes them. but 600whp thats just retarded on a fwd.... my buddy has a 600whp fwd eclipse and i can eat him up because he just cant pur it to the ground...[burnout]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, the thing is that I *can* get the power on the street mate. Cause it's a projct car you see: 150+ mods, and 4 years of developing ain't no little thing! hehe!

why an email.. post them here :p
All in good time mate. It's just that I don't wont to get "publicity" just yet (concerning the dyno results), because I haven't finished all the mods I am into atm (non-mechanical ones, but still)... I prefer to present the whole package when Ivan is completely ready (mod-wise) ;-)

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
I had 700+ to the wheels and enjoyed it greatly , yes if you stood right into it then the wheels would light up but with a little understanding I could get it all to the wheels and little wheel spin

Tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts