Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’ve had my focus for a little over a year and I’ve been looking at the muffler deletes since then. So I checked here and at a couple muffler shops and everyone said to just cut the muffler out and swap it with a a 2 foot length of pipe (shops wanted 200$ to do it). I never liked the idea of crossing the exhaust back across the rear. So I welded this up. It’s a 40$ Amazon special muffler 2 inch in with a three inch baffled pipe inside. I cut the exhaust right after it begins to curve down. There’s about 2 inches where it’s straight after where I mounted the first clamp then I welded two 2.5 to 2 inch exhaust couplers Together at about a 25 degree angle clamped the muffler to that. Definitely lot better sounding not to much louder. And it has the grumbles and snorts I was looking for.

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
41 Posts
My local Canadian Tire has a very similar-looking muffler.
And I'll add to the chorus wondering about a short sound video. (I'm going to need either resonator and muffler replacement or a Cat-back by next spring at the latest, probably this fall)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here’s the only video I have of it at the moment. I’ll record another one that’s a bit longer in a couple days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts