Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I’ve had my focus for a little over a year and I’ve been looking at the muffler deletes since then. So I checked here and at a couple muffler shops and everyone said to just cut the muffler out and swap it with a a 2 foot length of pipe (shops wanted 200$ to do it). I never liked the idea of crossing the exhaust back across the rear. So I welded this up. It’s a 40$ Amazon special muffler 2 inch in with a three inch baffled pipe inside. I cut the exhaust right after it begins to curve down. There’s about 2 inches where it’s straight after where I mounted the first clamp then I welded two 2.5 to 2 inch exhaust couplers Together at about a 25 degree angle clamped the muffler to that. Definitely lot better sounding not to much louder. And it has the grumbles and snorts I was looking for.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How is the sound compared to the muffler delete?

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
51 Posts
My local Canadian Tire has a very similar-looking muffler.
And I'll add to the chorus wondering about a short sound video. (I'm going to need either resonator and muffler replacement or a Cat-back by next spring at the latest, probably this fall)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here’s the only video I have of it at the moment. I’ll record another one that’s a bit longer in a couple days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here’s the only video I have of it at the moment. I’ll record another one that’s a bit longer in a couple days
Thanks for the video. I like it. I've been driving with my snorkel delete and modified oem filter enjoying the induction growl. Maybe something like this will give me enough on the other end now to be happy (for now)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts