Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got a 2002 ZTW 5 speed, Ive put in the SVT manifold/exhaust and Ive replaced all three motor mounts, as well as swapped out those pesky vac lines to get rid of rough idle. For some reason, only in first gear, this trans just keeps on popping out of 1st gear. Maybe its a syncro or something I dont know. I have to really baby this car out of first to not have the shifter violently kick back and make some really funky noises. I have been long pondering the svt trans swap but I have heard that transmission is a flaming pile of crap, so I guess I dont know if anyone else has ever had this issue and what was the ultimate fix for that?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Moved to "General Technical Chat". You won't gain anything other than an extra gear by changing the transmissions. Just fix your synchros and call it a day.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Stick with your MTX-75 and get the synchro issue sorted out. The SVT trans is good but it's almost impossible to find parts for these days.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While I'm in there is like to do some upgrading, LSD would be cool, but I was also curious if there were any gearing upgrades or ratios to look out for? I'm sure there are some performance setups, but I was also curious if there were more mpg conscious ratios for this car as well..... I wanna make those smug little VW lovers "project sipster " look like crap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts