Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does your 5 speed trans. sound like a diesel?

Hi, dunno if I'm doing this right, first time in a chat forum...
Anyway, I wanted to know if I am the only guy who's having problems with a noisy
transmission of a 2003 wagon Focus. Its a 5 speed matched to a 2 liter 16v Zetec and when I release the clutch, it sounds like a bunch of marbles going at it from the outside, then it dissapears at around 2500rpm. It does that from first to third, at low RPM.

Its been doing this since I topped the 5k mark. Now, I'm rounding 27000km and my dealer says its completely normal to have this kind of noise. I got a second opinion from another dealer, his verdict, constant problem, cant do anything about it.

By the rate I'm driving, I'll be out of the total warranty loop and probably stuck with a heafty bill to fix the %?&#$ transmission by the end of spring'04!

So, if anybody out here has any info, tips, solutions concerning this problem, please let me know.

Pat

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ithink it's cause ur pulling out at like under 2k. Is it almost like a diesal sound?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
you have the better description of the noise. The problem is persistant at any RPM. Even if I drop the clutch at 500rpm, 3000rpm, 1100rpm, the #%$?& car does the noise...

Been told I got to change the pressure plate, oil...I did the oil (free from Ford) but I dont see where the pressure plate comes in...

Any hints or solutions?

Pat

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
take it to Ford again ur car is under warrenty if they aren't going to look at this and try and find a solution then u need to cause some problems

·
Registered
74 Posts
Read this recent topic we discussed about this very problem
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273

A lot of people have this same issue, as do I, and its almost a concensus that its "normal". I personally do not like it but apparently there is no problems other than noise. Ive heard a few Borg Warner T5's from Mustangs do this very thing, and they never had problems develop from it either. The only way I ever got rid of this noise on my mustang was to put in a different tranny (I upgraded to Z Code T5 at the time to handle the power of the supercharger).

J

·
0 Posts
The MTX-75 is known for being noisy- lots of gear rattling sounds- it is commonly referred to as the "tractor tranny".- the noise is norrmal- annoying, but normal.

-JBFG

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ agreed... seems normal, but it's still annoying as hell. especially if you're trying to cruise and "pimp" your car at low rpm's. lol. that's what they make loud ass exhausts for i guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts