Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to keep the shift assist icon from coming up on my dash screen?

It's annoying the hell out of me. It pops up at like 1500 rpms. Terrible.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
it's just trying to get you fuel economy, but 1500rpm IS low... the auto's shift so that the rpms stay around that for cruising, definitely doesn't shift that low.

also... have you checked the owners manual? many questions posted up here can be answered long before theyre posted if people just checked the manual. its there for that purpose.

·
Registered
609 Posts
this has annoyed me as well, I've done some looking in the ford shop manual here at work and there does not appear to be anything

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, why look at it if you don't like it?
Chris

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi, why look at it if you don't like it?
Chris
hi, the basic complaint was since its there and we don't like having to look at it, is there a solution to make it no longer appear.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
hi, the basic complaint was since its there and we don't like having to look at it, is there a solution to make it no longer appear.
sure, duct tape. :D or you could always just take a chance at removing the LEDs if its an LED light, if its in the LCD than idk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, true, but the driver should be looking at the road. On my car I've turned it on because I like it, I guess because I have start stop maybe it is different. However if your cars also have the start stop system then page 132 of the manual might be of help to you...
Chris

·
Registered
968 Posts
sure, duct tape. :D or you could always just take a chance at removing the LEDs if its an LED light, if its in the LCD than idk
It's displayed on the IP LCD screen, it displays an up (or down) arrow and the gear the car thinks you should be selecting.

If I'm wringing the car out I don't notice it... because I'm looking at the road. If I'm driving economically then I try to make it a no-show by shifting before it comes on.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's displayed on the IP LCD screen, it displays an up (or down) arrow and the gear the car thinks you should be selecting.

If I'm wringing the car out I don't notice it... because I'm looking at the road. If I'm driving economically then I try to make it a no-show by shifting before it comes on.

Posted via FF Mobile
Well I have no idea how annoying or distracting it is since I have the powershift transmission. Still, check the manual top to bottom, maybe there's a disable feature for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well driving back from Syracuse to Buffalo I had my roommate riding shotgun reading the manual for stuff and asked him to look it up. He couldn't seem to find anything.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
i drive a stick too and also find it annoying.
I have ony had thee car for a week, and i plan on just reminding myself to ignore it.
You can program your mind as easily as anything else.
So you can continue to dwell on hating the upshift light and continue to have it be a problem. Or, you can tell yourself it is crap and ignore it 100%.
backsliding? just remind yourself it is crap and continue to deliberately ignore it. Soon enought you will not even remember it is there.
OR: you will always find it irritating..
your choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At first it was annoying, but now I no longer let it bother me.
The other day I was going really slow in 4th and it came on asking to downshift to 3rd. I thought that is pretty cool![loveff]

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm still waiting on my focus for delivery, but i remember when i did the test drives i didn't even notice the light, i was focusing on the road and driving, if u dont like it, dont look at it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That little green arrow is like my wife, always telling me what to do and when
to do it.
I've learned to ignore both.

·
Registered
533 Posts
well driving back from Syracuse to Buffalo I had my roommate riding shotgun reading the manual for stuff and asked him to look it up. He couldn't seem to find anything.
Hi, well I've got the US version of the manual and it is under 'START STOP', I think you can't quite turn it off but you can change it to something else.
However, all I can say that it would seem to be it's another case of if you look for it then it will be there, if you don't, then magic, it disappears. Some seem to get obsessed by silly little things thus it becomes a real big deal it doesn't need to be...
Chris

·
Registered
936 Posts
I haven't seen any way of disabling it through any of the options, although it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it usually lights up right as I'm shifting anyways. Usually around 2000-2250 RPM, but it depends on the gear and how hard you're accelerating, incline, etc. Normal economical driving though it seems to be spot-on.

Only time it stays on while I'm holding a gear is on-ramp acceleration. Maybe it'll help to just tell the car "not yet, it's go time!". ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I'll start hitting the Sync button "ummm NO" haha

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I wonder why I bother to post sometimes...
Chris

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi, I wonder why I bother to post sometimes...
Chris
BTW I did check my US version manual and looked through the DRIVING section and the section about the dashboard screen settings and I didn't see anything. Maybe you have a specific page you're talking about, but I started at page 258 and made my way through the whole section without noticing a mention of the shift icon. I saw the "recommended shifting speeds" but around that page, no mention of the alert icon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts