Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Focus with 5 speed manual with 65k miles. The other day I got off highway and stopped at stop sign. When I went to accelerate I had very little pick up. It was like driving with the emergency brake on. This occurred in all gears. So, I drove straight to Ford dealership. Turned off the car. Service manager came out and we went for a test drive and it was back to normal. I bought the car new, and have never experienced this before. Once again I have the 5 speed manual tran. I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered this phenomenon. If so, was dealer able to resolve issue and how?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on my 2013 SE. I had no power. I got it home and when I went out later it was fine. Took it to the dealer and they could not find any codes in it. It hasn't done it since, and that was about 8 months ago.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine's done it twice now, same thing, bought it new, does it once a year, drove it straight to the dealer both times and it was back to normal.... Felt like I was in a higher gear going from a stand still.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus with 5 speed manual with 65k miles. The other day I got off highway and stopped at stop sign. When I went to accelerate I had very little pick up. It was like driving with the emergency brake on. This occurred in all gears. So, I drove straight to Ford dealership. Turned off the car. Service manager came out and we went for a test drive and it was back to normal. I bought the car new, and have never experienced this before. Once again I have the 5 speed manual tran. I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered this phenomenon. If so, was dealer able to resolve issue and how?
HI WAZUP,

I'm happy to hear everything's running smoothly. If the concern does come back, please let me know.

Meagan

·
Registered
459 Posts
Had it happen to me too, right after jamming on the brakes when a semi pulled right in front of me on the highway. After getting off the freeway to go to the appointment we had, I did worry it may be an issue, but coming out, the car started and drove fine.

Has ever since, too, no problems, and hasn't happened again. 48k miles on the car, not a problem of any kind before or since.

Someone said it was a "feature" (not the right word...) to mitigate an unintended acceleration condition. I have no idea how true it is, but, circumstance seemed to fit the reason, so I went with it.

To Meagan at Ford Service, can you look in to that "unintended acceleration" question for us?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...To Meagan at Ford Service, can you look in to that "unintended acceleration" question for us?
I think I must have missed that post. For unintended acceleration, the best course of action to head to the dealer and call into our Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday) / 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Saturday.)

Meagan

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I've noticed it and read of other 5-speed owners experiencing bogging when coming to a stop after being on the highway/freeway for a while. Rarely happens but once in a while I do notice a little idle drop when coming to a stop.

Edit-sorry you were referring to a problem with acceleration. I misread the post.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I've had this happen but only shifting hard and engaging the traction control, which kills the power to the engine and puts in in a limp mode state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts