Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Other than having to swap out a bad (clicking) donor axle, swap wasn't too awful. I have rev lights wired in, modified starter circuit to start with the key and have speedo functional (about 4-5mph off). Problem i'm having is, with the engine running, the cooling fans are always running high. Key on and engine off they don't run. Other issue I have is kind of a tuning issue I suppose. I can't get my aem wideband (works fine) to talk to my x4. I assume I have something not right in the wiring between the x4 and the wideband. Anyone have the correct wiring diagram? Getting ready to have the check engine and flashing od lights turned off via tune and I'd like to have whatever i can on my end done before i plop down the money to the tuner.

Edit:
It's actually both fans running as soon as I start the engine. (no, ac is not on) I pulled and swapped both fan relays with each other as well as with a set of relays from my donor focus. No change. Low speed through my x4 isn't supposed to come on till over 180 and i think high is like 200. Cylinder head temp sensor is like 6 months old and still in one piece. I might zip by my uncles shop to pull data tomorrow with their scanner and see if it's actually reading. Have to get it back up and look over my install i guess.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts