Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot possibly sift through all these post to find a particular problem, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

My 2012 titanium 5 SPEED has been having shuttering, stalling, and power issues. I bought the car brand new in 2012, and yesterday I encountered my biggest issue with the car yet. Stalling out on the highway. As I cruise along in 5th gear at about 3K 70mph, all of a sudden, No power. No noise or warning, the gas just essentially stops working...This is the 3rd time I have had this problem since owning the car, which now has 49K on the odometer. Both previous times I brought the car in and the dealerships gave me the cold shoulder saying that the automatics were the ones having issues and mine "Should not be".
Do they really think that because there are reported problems with automatics, that there cannot be anything wrong with the Manuals? I need to figure out what this car is doing before I lose power at the wrong moment and lose my ride and my life...Thanks in advance for any help fellas!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I cannot possibly sift through all these post to find a particular problem, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

My 2012 titanium 5 SPEED has been having shuttering, stalling, and power issues. I bought the car brand new in 2012, and yesterday I encountered my biggest issue with the car yet. Stalling out on the highway. As I cruise along in 5th gear at about 3K 70mph, all of a sudden, No power. No noise or warning, the gas just essentially stops working...This is the 3rd time I have had this problem since owning the car, which now has 49K on the odometer. Both previous times I brought the car in and the dealerships gave me the cold shoulder saying that the automatics were the ones having issues and mine "Should not be".
Do they really think that because there are reported problems with automatics, that there cannot be anything wrong with the Manuals? I need to figure out what this car is doing before I lose power at the wrong moment and lose my ride and my life...Thanks in advance for any help fellas!
I searched on the word 'stall' and found this in about 10 seconds. You'll probably want to jump over to that thread? Or start a new thread as your problem seems off topic. This thread is about DCT problems.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382706&highlight=stall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts