Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched this and thanks to the thread from the guy who has done the 250 SPI Turbo kit, i was looking at the manifold and motor mounts for a used 4G63 Turbo engine, and was wondering if anyone has tried this and would it fit our engine bay, maybe or lot of work required. Just curiuos.

*kind of new to the boosting area*

Thanks guys

Doug

PS ....
No flaming please... I did a lot of research on this, (3 weeks so far and coutning)

·
Registered
818 Posts
03smoovfoci said:
I have researched this and thanks to the thread from the guy who has done the 250 SPI Turbo kit, i was looking at the manifold and motor mounts for a used 4G63 Turbo engine, and was wondering if anyone has tried this and would it fit our engine bay, maybe or lot of work required. Just curiuos.

*kind of new to the boosting area*

Thanks guys

Doug

PS ....
No flaming please... I did a lot of research on this, (3 weeks so far and coutning)
So your wondering if the Eclipse motor mount will work in a Focus? [???:)]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
just so you know 03smoovfoci, JEFF IS THE [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]G MAN WHEN IT COMES TO SPI TURBO

·
Registered
696 Posts
03smoovfoci said:

Well, just like anything else, throw enough money at something and it'll work. It would be nice to see a dominant engine like the 4g63 in a Focus, I mean Mitsubishi tweaks it here and there and it's still around pushing the EVO's like no one's business. If I could, I'd surely take one, but that's a ton of work. Good luck if you try it.

[thumb]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was planning on using the 4G63 manifold on my spi, but ran across a wrecked zx3 with a cosworth supercharger, so I had a machine shop cut my stock intake and pu the two together and it works perfectly, but it took about a $3500 bite out of my pocket. That did include the intake tubing and the after cooler and injectors to feed the starving system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can also talk to the guys at my machine shop to see how much work and cost it would be to drop the 4G63 into a focus, and maybe see if the all wheel drive system would be able to work.

·
Registered
818 Posts
torino72 said:
I was planning on using the 4G63 manifold on my spi, but ran across a wrecked zx3 with a cosworth supercharger, so I had a machine shop cut my stock intake and pu the two together and it works perfectly, but it took about a $3500 bite out of my pocket. That did include the intake tubing and the after cooler and injectors to feed the starving system.
Where's the pic's? [???:)]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
torino72 said:
Pics...

NOW!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
yeah dude! super charged SPI?!?!?! OMGWTFBBG!

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Re: Re: 4G63 Talon Turbo ????

tdkaye1 said:
Well, just like anything else, throw enough money at something and it'll work. It would be nice to see a dominant engine like the 4g63 in a Focus, I mean Mitsubishi tweaks it here and there and it's still around pushing the EVO's like no one's business. If I could, I'd surely take one, but that's a ton of work. Good luck if you try it.

[thumb]

A ton of work and a ton of unwarrantied crankwalk![:(]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts