Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a 49 offset be ok on a sedan.....i really hope so and if so what size tire should i use

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i think that's the limit for offset on foci. what rims size are you planning on runnin? for a 17x7 wheel the closet tire size to stock is P205/45ZR17

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just bought svt rims the 6 spoke ones...there 17s

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is the low profile size and will they rub....

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
49mm offset is just fine. [;)]

Is your car lowered at all?
For 215 widths, either 215/40/17, or the stock SVTF size - 215/45/17 will work as well.
The 40 series should be close enough to not have to worry about speedometer error.
45 will be a bit taller, and your speedo will read slower than actual speed.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no my car is all stock as of now...just bought the rims..once those go on the the body kit. just want to know if they would work. how far could i lower it without problems?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
you could lower it about and inch. here's how my car looks with the eibach pro-system plus and 17x7's. just PS you wheels onto this picture and you should have a pretty good idea of what you'll get.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice. are the lowering kits hard to install?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
i didn't install it myself, i had a shop do it. if you get your kit off of the tire rack, and use one of their recommended installers, said installer will give you $100 off. that's springs, shocks,struts, and alignment. personally, i paid $260 for the whole thing. the installation, that is. the kit cost $750. but it was well worth it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts