Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car since ive owned my car, when i get up to a steady 45 mph, it surges a little, and continues to do it until i give it a little bit more gas, has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? its really getting annoying, im just sick of it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys, i need some help here, i cant figure out why my shits doing this shit

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Vacume leak..... Look at the back of the intake and spray a little starting fluid around that area. It will find it. And give us a break................. We(I) don`t get to this forum every few minutes.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It could also be your DPFE sensor. Do a search on DPFE and you should find a ton of information. Also give this website a look and see if it helps. Also you have a 2001, if you haven't gotten your fuel pump replaced per the recall get that done as I believe that can also cause the surging.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya the dpfe goes bad on our cars. i don't think its a real expensive fix either. also check ur plugs as well. as i said in another thread, i had 2 cracked plugs and it cause similar symptons MIKE

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ya'll, after work im gonna go check and see if there are any vaccuum leaks, and if there arent, im just gonna replace the dpfe sensor, tomorrow im putting all new plugs in and changin the oil, later

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Focus was doing the same thing. The CEL came on the way home this morning. I scanned the PCM and found a P0401 code. I took it into the local Ford dealer and explained the problem. They replaced a sensor and covered it under a recall that has three more weeks before it expires. I believe it was the DPFE sensor. The part # for replaced sensor is FMC 4U7Z 9J460 AA (??)

Dave

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
sinse your foci falls within the "recall" it might be your fuel pump, checked with your local ford dealer about the focu fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had the same problem, except it was at 2500-3000 rpm at 35-40mph. It seemed to go away about the same time i installed my new exhaust and spark plugs with FS wires. However when i think about it...a while ago i did notice that there was water (or some liquid) leaking out of the front end of my muffler....oh well. It's fixed now so it's all good.

·
Registered
672 Posts
liquid01 said:
Vacume leak..... Look at the back of the intake and spray a little starting fluid around that area. It will find it. And give us a break................. We(I) don`t get to this forum every few minutes.
Vacuum leak symptoms would probably show up at idle. More likely a TPS, which when they're not right on, give poor signals, resulting in poor engine management.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts