Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I have 400 dollars burning a hole in my pocket and don't know what to buy. I'm mainly looking to improve my drag times but am open to other suggestions.

I'm going to install everything myself so no labor should be needed.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
whats the stock exhaust size on ST's? i know on cobalt n/a ss's its already 2.5, so they just gotta change the muffler. if its already good sized you could just remove some mufflers, put a straight through on there, and you'll have some extra cash to burn. could also get the bs delete. i'd say do it all in one day so its like... dude my car just got so much faster.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Oh...i'm so dumb. I didn't even see that you had an ST. Forget the exhaust. The ST's exhaust is uber. Get an XcalII and a K&N drop-in filter. That will get you off to a good start while still staying in your price range.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i thought they dont make k&ns for the duratecs, b/c the filter is foam? unless st's are different, plus i thought he has the stealth cai.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the stealth CAI but I don't think it helped at all.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
dazada said:
Oh...i'm so dumb. I didn't even see that you had an ST. Forget the exhaust. The ST's exhaust is uber. Get an XcalII and a K&N drop-in filter. That will get you off to a good start while still staying in your price range.
They don't make drop-in filters for the Duratecs... you should know that, posting in a Duratec forum and all.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You could always send me the money, and I'll wish you car faster[:D] Seriously though, a tune is probably your best bet, especially if there's a dyno in your area[thumb]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
they do have a dyno/tune place nearby in ft worth, but they claim that theres no way to tune a focus.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You could contribute to the newly established Nick is a broke ass college student fund. Currently accepting donations. But seriously, a good intake and a tune would do wonders.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
buy my Tein S tech Springs, $80 shipped. i have pics of my car on my gallary.

pm me for more details

·
Registered
950 Posts
^ why'd you take the springs off?

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I'm going to go with a CAI, BSD, and STS.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
y2kpedo said:
buy my Tein S tech Springs, $80 shipped. i have pics of my car on my gallary.

pm me for more details
Too bad any springs for 2005 and below models wont work on 2006's. I wish Ford would have left the suspension alone.

Speaking of the ST exhaust size, what is it? If I had a caliper here I'd measure mine, but I don't.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I THINK it's 2.25", but don't quote me on that. If I choose to, I'll take a measure out to the car and find out, just not tonight since it's raining and I don't care that much to really find out this moment.

[thumb]

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How is the marcy STS? I was thinking about going with that.

Stock exhaust is 1 7/8.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts