Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like some suggestions on which tires to get for my brand new set of svt 6 spoke rims? and a pic if you got one.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look pretty cool. how good do they stick to the road? rainy weather? Does the tread on em wear out easily??

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
What type of tire are you looking to get? Performance? All-weathers?

You can get a set of Kumho Ecsta ASTs from Tire Rack and still have enough money left to put towards the mounting and balancing.

We recently got a set for my wife's Protege. At first I thought that they weren't that good based on how the pricing was. These tires proved me wrong.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^^
Exactly, they are the best tires I have used in the rain. The tread life is about average for most tires.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^you get these neogens from what site? tired of seeing these svt rims sittin in their boxes unopened cept one. and all i need to do is get rid of the old ones that the previous owner slightly damaged..

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I swapped the std Pirelli P6 tires for these Sumitomo tires. They run quieter, and handle fine in wet or dry conditions. I'm well pleased so far....they can be found for about $400 installed around town.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm on my second set of Yokohama Avids, and I have been very pleased with them. Great all season tire. Road noise is a little high, but other than that they're awesome. They're definitely less than $100 a tire.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^you get these neogens from what site? tired of seeing these svt rims sittin in their boxes unopened cept one. and all i need to do is get rid of the old ones that the previous owner slightly damaged..
Cheapest site I have found them on is www.discounttiredirect.com they come with new valve stems (pretty cheap for the chrome ones) and a certificate (12.oo for each tire) for FREE replacement if they get damaged and can not be repaired by stuff like nails, screw drivers, any sidewall damage.

Well they ship fast and I have used them 4 times already without one problem.

Jon

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn...some good lookin tires, now don't which ones to go for..they all seem to stick well to the road when it rains...and it snows bout 1-3 times during winter..hmmmm???

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
The neogens are NOT winter tires by anymeans, they are rated for summer and the wet and dry traction is AAA. I live in lower Alabama so I don't get any snow here, I have never had trouble with the heavy rains we get down here with these tires but I don't know how they will perform in the snow.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I'm on Bridgestone Potenza g009s that I got @ Firestone for $350 installed. Sadly this particular style may be discontinued, but the BP 019grid is an awesome tire, too.
Kumho Ecsta is a great value, Fuzion ZRi is also a good budget choice as well.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I got a set of the Bridgestone G009's once and returned them. Felt like riding on water balloons. My friend has a set of the Kuhmo AST's on his CRX and after driving that I loved those tires. Awesome tire for the price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With just less than 9000 miles on my 2007, I've had to replace a Yokohama because of a leak at the base of the stem. When I searched for Yokohama, I discovered a "horror story" site and now am concerned about the remaining three Yokohama on my car. Anyone with Yokohamas on their car?

·
Registered
242 Posts
With just less than 9000 miles on my 2007, I've had to replace a Yokohama because of a leak at the base of the stem. When I searched for Yokohama, I discovered a "horror story" site and now am concerned about the remaining three Yokohama on my car. Anyone with Yokohamas on their car?
Yep, you heard the story correct! I had a couple of buddies of mine (that work at a shop) rave about the Yokohama Avid Touring tire, so I bought a set, $387 mounted & balanced. Never again! 35,000 miles later (about 6 months had past, I drive for a living) they were down to 2/32 tread depth, very disappointing after the hipe.

Couldn't wait for the pro-rate to come thru on them (which is BS since they only had 35,000 on an 80,000 mile tire) so I found this tire site www.treadepot.com & bought a set of Kumhos' Solus KR21, stock size for my wagon (195/60/15) for $228 shipped to my door & my shop buddy mounted them for free (shipping may have changed since the purchase). I bought these at the very end of Sept & already have 12,000 miles on them & looking good!

Btw, the company my shop deals with finally got back to them & said they would give me $24 a tire credit, the manager & I just about pee'd our pants from laughter. Needless to say, they discontinued carrying the Yokohamas' after this incident.

Hope this helps in your tire decision. [cheers]

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've spent the last like week doing a lot of research on tires, and both the Nitto and the Sumitomos mentioned in the this thread have been coming into my sights more and more. Based on reviews on Tires.com, I have decided to go with the Nittos ... The tread pattern is a little odd looking, but over the past week of looking at them online they've really grown on me. So I'm going to be getting them on like Friday. Granted, in 205/60R16 for my ZX3, with the total replacement certificate, its looking like 569 installed, but Discount Tire has a $25 coupon for FL residents, so that helps some.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 >> Tirerack. I just ordered them. $56 each
I have not driven on them. Check the specs though. Just sayin! 8-D

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I've spent the last like week doing a lot of research on tires, and both the Nitto and the Sumitomos mentioned in the this thread have been coming into my sights more and more. Based on reviews on Tires.com, I have decided to go with the Nittos ... The tread pattern is a little odd looking, but over the past week of looking at them online they've really grown on me. So I'm going to be getting them on like Friday. Granted, in 205/60R16 for my ZX3, with the total replacement certificate, its looking like 569 installed, but Discount Tire has a $25 coupon for FL residents, so that helps some.
Great choice your not going to regret it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts