Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2012 sel 6speed auto. My question is how do or can I get 40+ mpg from my focus. Car has 160k on her. My new job im driving over 100 mile aday to work. Car is 100% stock. Any info to help reach my goal would be great.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,519 Posts
I have an 2012 sel 6speed auto. My question is how do or can I get 40+ mpg from my focus. Car has 160k on her. My new job im driving over 100 mile aday to work. Car is 100% stock. Any info to help reach my goal would be great.
I was in exactly the same scenario as you with my 2012 auto. I drive about 100-125 miles a day and gas economy is always a top priority. However, you won't be able to get 40 mpg from that trans. I drove about 3/4 highway with very little traffic and I usually got 34-36 mpg with a VERY efficient driving style.
No tune will help you get 5 mpg more and it isn't worth the $ imo. A catback won't make any noticeable gas economy difference. My suggestion is simply to air your tires to only 2 or 3psi under the max to get the least amount of rolling resistance. They will wear perfectly even but they will give an ever so slightly harsher ride than if you did the 35psi that most tire places set them at. Make sure that you rotate them regularly though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts