Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to my local auto store (AutoZone) and was looking around and I came across this brake caliper paint for $20.00, and I decided to give it a try. I painted each caliper 1 by 1 and it only took about 2-2.5 hours. (The directions say that the vehicle has to sit for at least 24 hours, but I only waited for about 15 and it was raining, still no issue) The paint is ceramic and when it heats up it gets the final glossy finish. Also after searching around these forums for endless hours, I found a stubby antenna (on eBay for $10, with shipping it was $16.95). And also for around 5$ at my local hardware store I pick up some matte black grill paint (the high heat resistant, 1200 degrees I think) and I painted the muffler/ exhaust. I feel that it looks a lot better than the big silver piece of metal hanging down. Here are some pics. (Just a little dirt on the muffler)

If having trouble seeing the pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just did my calipers with the G2 epoxy. But then I put my steel winter wheels on and now i can barely see them haha.

Looks good dude.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice!! I have the same car and same color! I will be adding duals in the next week or so and that's when i will paint the new muffler.

Great job!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did my calipers with the G2 epoxy. But then I put my steel winter wheels on and now i can barely see them haha.

Looks good dude.
What color did you paint your calipers with?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Found one in my local Pep Boys. PILOT ANT-009 It's about 3-1/4" in length. Comes with the spacers and such. was about $12 if I recall. made out of "conductive rubber". They also have a slightly longer one made out of aluminum. They are both all black though, not 2 tone/carbon like cjanderson629's

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have those same wheels and now am considering painting my calipers. Mine look like they are painted silver like my car, but the red would be sweet!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The antenna is: http://goo.gl/jHyr9
One thing with the antenna for it to fit flush, there are only three connectors in the pic. But there is another conector in the black tube (just use a screwdriver to get it out). Also, mine had a little lip on the end of the connector that restricted it from screwing into the antenna, just used a file for about 2 seconds and took it right off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No actually. I was worried about it. The only thing that I did notice was that some of my presets aren't available near my house but they are around school. When I would get closer to home the radio station would stay on but switch back to HD then standard (Just a small volume change). But this also went away within a few days. Sirius also works fine (unless I pull into my garage but it did that before with the old antenna anyway).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts