Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 40,000 miles on my car and was thinkin of fixing it up. You guys think its a good idea considering all the recalls n stuff?? The only reason I didnt fix it up before is i was jobless. Also Let me know what you guys think, some input will be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As long as you take good care of your car, maintence wise and not tearing the hell out of it. Sure thing. Hell i'd slap a turbo on the car all the way up to 80k.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
GO for it man.. Just make sure you take care of it!

·
Registered
793 Posts
yes man put every penny u have into your car ...it deserves it!!! okay maybenot every penny

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
A well maintained car at 40K should be nothing. I'd say yes, have some fun with it. At least you don't have to worry about the "warranty question".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did have an electrical problem from when I had a audio system in my car. I got rid of the system and like a dumb ass i left all the wiring connected to the battery. My whole electrical system shorted out and my car was completely dead. Good thing they took it under warranty when they shouldn't have. Also when i was changing out my brakes at JUST BRAKES (DON'T ever go there ) they messed up my clutch master cylnder and my clutch gave out so I had to get that replaced. Plus during the year when I was unemployed I didn't exactly keep up with maintenance. I went over the 5,000 mile oil change a couple of times. The car is a 2000 Zx3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just wondering what the ZX3 is supposed to idle at?? When I first start my car it idles at around 1000 rpms. Later on when I start driving and I stop at a light or sumtin i put it in neutral and it now idles below 1000 like 550-650 rpms. Just wanted to know if this is normal and if not what I should do to correct this problem.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
All the cars have idle control sensers.The idle is controled by the computer.If you do have a idle problem i.e surging.Than there is somthing causeing it(Kinda like when you turn your air cond. on.I don't think you can evan manualy adjust the idle.I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
slammedfoci said:
All the cars have idle control sensers.The idle is controled by the computer.If you do have a idle problem i.e surging.Than there is somthing causeing it(Kinda like when you turn your air cond. on.I don't think you can evan manualy adjust the idle.I could be wrong.
You are correct it isn't adjustable manually.

·
Registered
697 Posts
mines got 41k on it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THanX guyz for all your input... i am Definitely gonna start fixing my car up....jus got all my maintenance n stuff done and im ready to go..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts