Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just recently bought myself a '12 ford focus SE sedan. (picking it up in a few days :D).

What I noticed, is some of the focus's have a 'downgrade' from the 4 inch displays and had the very basic displays.

I ordered the rapid spec 202A package. will that included the 4 inch displays or not?

I tried asking the dealership guys but no one really had a solid answer for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello,

I just recently bought myself a '12 ford focus SE sedan. (picking it up in a few days :D).

What I noticed, is some of the focus's have a 'downgrade' from the 4 inch displays and had the very basic displays.

I ordered the rapid spec 202A package. will that included the 4 inch displays or not?

You have Sync, so it will.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hello,

Yours will look like this with the 4" screen

I had a look at the Focus on line brochure fordcanada.ca and must say the lack of "any" details is brutal. Cannot be very good for consumers trying to get any knowledge on the features , etc on the Focus. Just terrible Ford Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have Sync, so it will.
Yours will look like this with the 4" screen

I had a look at the Focus on line brochure fordcanada.ca and must say the lack of "any" details is brutal. Cannot be very good for consumers trying to get any knowledge on the features , etc on the Focus. Just terrible Ford Canada.
Great thanks guys. Yes, details are very vague. All the dealer folks didnt quite know either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
5 different size screen available.
2 inch 2 lines
3.5 inch monochrome
4.2 multicolor

5 inch multicolor (with navigation)

and sync

As you see as on pictures, all screens are using different front panels. If you would like to change screen you should have to change front panel and audio units too. Ford uses 9 different type audio units. Your unit may not compatible with mutlicolor screens.

By the way, I am attaching part numbers of all screens. I took them from microcat

3.5"
AM5T-18B955-BE
4.2"
AM5T-18B955-BECG
5 inch
AM5T-18B955-DJ
AM5T-18B955-DG
Sync
BM5T-14F239-CF

Front panel for 5 inch screen;
BM51-18835-BE3JA6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5 different size screen available.
2 inch 2 lines
3.5 inch monochrome
4.2 multicolor

5 inch multicolor (with navigation)

and sync

As you see as on pictures, all screens are using different front panels. If you would like to change screen you should have to change front panel and audio units too. Ford uses 9 different type audio units. Your unit may not compatible with mutlicolor screens.

By the way, I am attaching part numbers of all screens. I took them from microcat

3.5"
AM5T-18B955-BE
4.2"
AM5T-18B955-BECG
5 inch
AM5T-18B955-DJ
AM5T-18B955-DG
Sync
BM5T-14F239-CF

Front panel for 5 inch screen;
BM51-18835-BE3JA6

The issue I have is I dont know what I am getting. there are ones I prefer but no one gave me a solid answer on what one I am getting. which goes with which? do you know exactly, with my build which one am I getting?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you would like change screen, you should change unit and frame too.. I may also need wiring. So that means I think that, this will not easy/cheap modification.

I do not know which version is selling in US/Canada, but, ford selling different gauge screens in europe. For example my gauge screen was blue dotmatrix. I changed with colored screen equipped gauge. That was is easy job. I already done that. Me too want to change audio screen with multicolor screen but I couldn't find yet. When I find, I will change that screen too. It is on my "to do" list. :). But I do not have any experience at the moment about that mod.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I changed my dash display with 5 inch navi display. No need any cabling. Wiring was compatible with original. Just plugged cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am in Australia ( Brisbane to be precise)
I have a question I was hoping someone could assist with.
I have a Multi Function Display AM5T 18B955 DJ
I was hoping I could fit a Reversing Camera to this unit.
I note there is a small in-put socket, that maybe is used for this purpose.
Can anyone assist ?
Best wishes from the Aussie Cricket Team as well !

Regards
Garyb

·
Registered
62 Posts
All displays are compatible. If you would like to change your 2 line display with any other OEM display that will work without any cabling.

I changed my 3.5 inch monochrome display. My "old" original display was as seen as below.

·
Registered
57 Posts
All displays are compatible. If you would like to change your 2 line display with any other OEM display that will work without any cabling.

I changed my 3.5 inch monochrome display. My "old" original display was as seen as below.

Awesome! how difficult was the install and how expensive? It looks like you had to change the entire head unit, buttons and all. I tried using those part numbers on touselyfordparts but nothing came up. I'm guessing because you live elsewhere and your screen choices are different from ours.

Anyway, the biggest reason why I want to change screens is that Im hoping that I could add the OEM usb port to the headunit somehow, which i'm guessing wouldn't work with the 2 line monochrome dealio. Thanks for all the info man!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is really easy job. I'm living Istanbul/ Turkey. :)

All head units are same. No need to change that. If you would like to add SYNC to your car, you should have to buy;
- facia (BM51-18835-GDW)
- keypad (AM51-18K811-BD)
Bluetooth-Voice control module(8M5T-19C112-BR*) BR is language code. This is German version. English versions last 2 digit should be different. You may find this unit from ebay.co.uk. USB port integrated to BVC module.
Display (AM5T-18B955-BD(Monochrome 3.5 inch= My old display))
Display (AM5T-18B955-DG or DJ (5 inch colour display.)

But if you would like to change only display, you will need only display for 3.5 inch,
but if you like 5 inch you should have to buy facia too. But it is not must.
Note: 5 inch display including internal GPS-Navigation. If you can find US map on SD, you may also use navigation too..

·
Registered
3 Posts
@merruse
Where did you manage to get the Sony fascia? I was looking for this for a while. Was it expensive? From the photo it looks that it does not have the SD card slot.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08
6,895 Posts
Hi Gary, I know it was a while ago, but did you have any luck adding the backup camera?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate, excuse my lack of knowledge in this department, I'm from Australia and just bought a Ford Focus Trend (I think Australia has different model names) and have the 3.5" Monochrome Display in it like your Focus SE sedan originally had. If I buy the part:
Ford AM5T-18B955-BD
as seen on ebay.
Is it just a matter of pulling out the old screen and in with the new colour 3.5" screen? nothing extra needed, same plugs n' all? if so, works with all the buttons? According to this thread my understanding is that it should be, but I'm just cautious as the Australian models don't even have the option for the colour screen in the Focus model I have. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. cheers:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
No need any cabling, but subject ebay auction for 3.5 inch monochrome screen. It is same as which is showing attached picture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need any cabling, but subject ebay auction for 3.5 inch monochrome screen. It is same as which is showing attached picture.
Thank you so much! Saved me from making a big mistake:) where do you source the colour screen and ither modules from? I've looked around on eBay and some part suppliers but with no luck. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 171 Posts