Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 4-channel amp that puts out ~40wRMS X 4 @ 4ohms for my speakers in the doors. What I want is a decent amp that is under $150. It also has to have speaker level inputs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already know the joy of e-bay that's where I bought my wiring kit and amp for my sub. I am looking for some suggestions on which amp to get.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
What are you planning on using the amp on?

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
kenwood is pretty good, mainly their excelron series that i've heard good things about. look at us acoustics amps too though. their USB-4065 does 65x4 @ 4 ohms for about $130 shipped. if that's too much power you could just turn the gains down a little and you should be ok. another good amp would be from soundstream at millionbuy.com ( http://www.millionbuy.com/souega4120.html ). if you want something that doens't put out that much then look at profile amps that say they do about 60 or so watts. realisticly they would do about 40 in general. for about $100 shipped you can get what you'd need. (http://thezeb.com/caraudio/profile.html ) you can probably find even better prices than that though.

- Scott

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm probably going with the soundstream, they have free shipping. I have had bad luck with us acoustics, the crossover was broken right out of the box.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
must be a rare case, i wouldn't give up on them with just one expeirence, i've only heard good things about them, never one bad thing. especialy since they rate their amps at 12.9V. pretty generous and underrated. I don't think you'll have a problem with soundstream though, i just put one of the 4 channel 85 watts x 4 amps in my brothers car running 2 coax speakers and a sub and it seems to do what it's rated at. it's really good for the money.

- Scott

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have actually heard a lot of good things about US Acoustics. I had a problem with some of their amps a few years ago but it was after they got wet when someone broke out the back window of my truck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can personally vouch for US Acoustics. I had the USB-4050 in my Mercury a few years back, and I never had one single problem out of that thing. It performed like a champ, never overheated, and sounded great. If I ever decide to buy another amp, I will definately go with US Acoustics. You can't beat the quality for the price.

·
Registered
270 Posts
the ALPINE MRPF240 puts out 40W X4 at 4 Ohms and we have it at Circuit City for $199

1 - 14 of 14 Posts