Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4-1 long tube jba style comes with a orp/flex section 150$... the 4-2-1 utilizes the stock flexpipe section 124$...

I plan on keeping it catless, and egrless. What.type should be better overall?.

Ps i know svt headers best but I'm only getting svt if its the obx svt. I want new not used and I'm on a budget...

·
Registered
147 Posts
4-1 is better top end sacrificing low end and 4-2-1 will be better low end sacrificing top end. Now either way it's not going to add or subtract 20 hp/tq but thats roughly the break down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The header is the only thing included that I know, you will need a header, flex, cat-back. If you get a header I would suggest getting the rest since having a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 collector then a stock, what, 1 7/8 or 2 inch would create a clog so to speak. Now probably only talking a few hp at top but the change could also effect the sound created, you might get an odd metallic ping or something.
I've a small leak at the flex too header for awhile and it made the exhaust sound like rice can junk, no deepness just tinny.
The only way to keep a cat would be to go the svt route, but then you will need either a cat or an Off Road Pipe(ORP) to replace the cat then a flex then the cat-back.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Used quality parts are better than brand new wang chung low end parts. End of discussion.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^Agreed, not wanting to use a SVT header because it's "used" isn't a good enough excuse for me. Now say you did buy the OBX SVT header, you still need the other supporting parts that go along with that swap such as the SVT flex, orp, oil dip stick, ps steering line, and what ever else it entails. Out all the ones you just listed I'd go with one that comes with the flex.

Now don't complain if the fitment isn't just right and stuff though. That's just how the e-bay stuff can be. I have the OBX 4-2-1 header, and yeah works great, but the fitment wasn't the greatest took a little "manhandling" to get it on there. Now it fits no problem due to the lower bracket bending enough times when tq'ed down that I can just throw it on and off when needed lol but that's a headache I'd like to avoid on my next header purchase.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
A brand new stock SVT header is cheaper than the OBX crap. So you have zero excuses not to get one.
I think. I'll have to find my receipt but I want to say I paid under $200 for the SVT header and the OBX looks to go for $225.

Also the SVT is a higher quality SS, 409 vs the 304 of the OBX.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Not to mention the significant gains offered by the SVT header compared to the others.
Agreed.
There is nothing wrong with buying a used quality piece.
If your worried it may not look as nice as a new header,take it and have it ceramic coated.
Also my Focus Sport 4-2-1 header did not sacrifice low or top end.
With the proper tuning from Tom,it performs very well all the way through the power band.
But I could have gained more from the SVT header.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Get the SVT 4-2-1 header and then get C-F-M's 2.5" CAT which will be coming out at the end of the month, and then Trubendz 2.5" Flex pipe and what ever kind of 2.5" exhaust CAT-Back system....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts