Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight to the point. I need directions on how to install my 4-1 longtube header/flexpipe, can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

So no one knows where I can find instructions to install long tube 4-1 headers? I searched the how-to archive and found nothing, I really need some help here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Unplug and unscrew 02 sensors(careful of wires).Remove EGR tube at old header nipple and the brace bolts holding it at coil pack so you can move the tube.Remove cat from bottom of car.Remove bolts from old header to head.Remove old header.Clean head surface.Install new 4-1 header from bottom with new gasket glued to header flange(it's easier than trying to insert it later).Catch a bolt.Catch the rest of the bolts.Tighten bolts evenly to about 25ft. lbs.Attach the EGR tube being careful not to crossthread it.Install 02 sensors.Attach to flex pipe.Start car and check for leaks.Let cool.Fix leaks.Retorque header bolts.Run.Cool.Retorque header bolts.Go for ride and enjoy the new power and noise....

·
Registered
127 Posts
so i have one question would it be better to get a 1 piece or 2 piece header?
and also which one is easier to install....

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
it really doesnt matter which type you get. if you jack up the front end everything is realllllyyy easy to get to as far as bolts and moving everything around. Took me 10 min to change out the flex pipe when I got it. You might need to get the bolts before hand and bring in the parts your putting them in because ive had to go back because the new bolts i got were 1 mm to big on the threads. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts