Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2k 5-speed zx3 and when i shift into 3rd before it goes in to gear what could this be ??? syncro's bad ??? any one else with this product

thanks,
chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
I aslo have a 2k black zx3 and it grinds in third gear every now and then. I'm pretty sure its a bad syncro. I can shift into 3rd without it grinding if i hold in the clutch for an extra second and don't shift so fast. It only grinds when i shift over 3k rpm's ( which is pretty much most of the time ) but when i shift at lower rpm's there is no problem.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
for me it's over 5k

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definately sounds like a syncro... that sucks because tranny work is a PITA and can be big $ if you take it somewhere. If it were me Id pull the tranny myself and get it fixed. Luckily I have a few friends that work in the field of trans repair.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
until it couses a problem don't worry about it plus if i just hold the clutch in for 1 more whopping second it doesn't grind

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i did and just went with the grind lol when i was at the track i was like **** it and just shifted as fast as possible. The grind is like more of a click and i've no one else say they can here it out side of the car so i don't really care that much liek i said when it becomes a problem i'll lookk into it. I just can't see me getting my dad to take aprt my tranny and fix it. He could but he even said just wait and see if it becomes a problem

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Racing will make it much worse.

Hope your dad enjoys overhauling trannys, might wanna look into the cost for trannys now so you are prepared.

·
Registered
793 Posts
my tranny never really grinds, but i have that annoying gear noise at lower RPMs, what causes that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ya know, us driving down to Connecticut at 100 MPH didnt help it that much I bet. But anyway, if you end up having to take it to a shop, let me know first. I'm friends with a guy that owns a tranny shop.

Did you miss the exit or some shit? Nick said he saw you go flying right by the exit and then slam on your brakes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey scott ya i kinda did miss the exit my friends were being bitches and wanted to go home so i just said **** it and when back home, toped my car out twice!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
focaltech said:
Racing will make it much worse.

Hope your dad enjoys overhauling trannys, might wanna look into the cost for trannys now so you are prepared.
what am i looking at for a new tranny?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts