Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a 2006 focus zx4 with a 2.0. from what ive learned it should be a duratec? the car has 82000 miles on it and ran perfectly when i got it on monday jan 12, so good i kept thinking i was in a new car. i am very impressed with this ride. so my problem is i slowly sucked a 5th pint of seafoam into the break boaster line with the car idleing and warm, i then shut it off for about five minutes and then took the car for a ride around the block to burn out the carbon. the car never smoked until i got on it and the for a second it smoked so bad all at once i couldnt see behind me. after that it has a hesitation when you get around 3500 rpm. if you r accellerating it pulls smothly untill it gets to about 3500 rpm and kind of loses power for a brief second and then pulls on. i did this first then went home and put in new bosch iridium 4 tip plugs, i can tell a difference in the power and response of the car but it still has the hesitation. i did all this saturday and sunday morning the throttle flap or butterfly that lets the air thriugh was stuck shut so i had to take it off and clean it. i have used seafoam on my 5.4 60000 mi and 4.6 125000 mi and havent had any problems can you help?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
make sure the maf sensor is completely installed properly. changed my intake way back in the day and didnt get the plug on really good and was having quite similar problems. if that doesnt work take the maf out, inspect it, and clean it. if that doesnt work the only other thing i can think of is that maby its time to change the fuel filter or maby fuel pump going bad. if you get any check engine lights let us know the code and we can go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help ill check these things. i did have the intake tube that runs from the filter to the throttle body off, so i may have messed with its plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts