Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom, can Russ hit 300whp and still be in the safe zone with the stock motor? How much boost is needed to hit 300whp? It would of course be tuned by you and Ray again..

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I am not tom, but my guess is 20 psi. Maybe less with some head work. I dont think a stock block and heads can handle the 300hp or psi for regular everyday use. thats just IMO.
I have a tad more knowledge of running bost on big blocks

logan

·
FF Affiliate
31,181 Posts
I make 320+ on my stock SVT all the time it takes about 20PSI , I would try to find some high octane fuel this will keep the engine safer

Tom

·
Registered
216 Posts
After having 300 wheel HP for the last few months, I can honestly tell you that its too much for the street. While it is nice to have and a BLAST to goof around, if you want to actually make USEable power, I'd stick to less than 250hp.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...well I have to disagree , I think 300 IS usable, you just have to be selective when you MASH the gas...I have an electronic boost cantroller and can go from 10 to 21lbs or any where in between. the 21 comes in handy when meeting an Evo...[:D]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Its all about how heavy your foot is.... and how much CONTROL you have.

I daily drive mine... all 341whp.... oh did I mention thats stock internals and 93 octane gas???

·
Registered
216 Posts
USEABLE HORSEPOWER to me means:

Horsepower that can actually be applied in 2nd gear. In most street races, you start out in either the top of second gear, or the bottom of third. And with my car, both 2nd and 3rd are nothing but wheelspin. If I had a larger turbo that had some lag, it would be easier, but wit hthe current setup, wheelspin is king...

·
Registered
456 Posts
All I want is 220whp-250bhp for my fofo any more than that is a waste for me and a death sentence for my wife, Im going to buy a Thunderbird SC soon and I want at least 400whp 450bhp at the crank for it.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
tobyboom said:
USEABLE HORSEPOWER to me means:

Horsepower that can actually be applied in 2nd gear. In most street races, you start out in either the top of second gear, or the bottom of third. And with my car, both 2nd and 3rd are nothing but wheelspin. If I had a larger turbo that had some lag, it would be easier, but wit hthe current setup, wheelspin is king...
...No arguement, and it may be where you start, BUT it's only 1/2 the equation. what about the top end of 3rd,4th,&5th where you finish the race??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, by the time I'm done spinning, most cars (the non-traction problem ones) are already far enough out that they think they win and just stop the run. Rare is it that I get a chance to tell someone to make sure we make it into 4th or 5th gear.

Dont get me wrong here.... I wouldnt give up the power I have for less if you paid me to. Now I also just realized that the car is already boosted, so the guy isnt a noob like I thought at first. So we should get this back on track...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Just be cause you start in the top of 2nd doesn't mean you have to try to shove your foot through the floor.......

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I got a deformed leg. The right one is about 300 lbs heavyer that the left. So I just put REAL fat tires on it. Helps stop the wheel spin ...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, an SVTF stock motor can take 20psi???

I have 93 readily availble, and I'd *rather* not have to put in an octane booster every time I fill up....

Would 15psi get me knocking on the 250whp door? Would it be safe?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...well 10lbs=200hp....20lbs=300hp...1lb=10hp.......yeh about +/-

·
Registered
743 Posts
I really hate yall turbo freaks!!!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
With Tom's prototype intake I made 305whp at 17psi

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...340hp& 338 torque @ 20lbs... not stock internals tho,except DSI ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts