Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Ford Focus hit 300k miles today. Who ever said American cars aren't reliable? The funny thing is I bought this car brand new 7 years ago today with 16 miles on it lol. I paid 14k for it and I think I've gotten my money's worth out of this thing lol. For anyone thats wondering it still has the original motor, water pump, and alternator on the car. In fact the valve cover has never been off and the motor doesn't burn, or leak a drop of oil. My buddies who are ford tech's can't beleive its lasted this long without dropping a valve seal. Matter of fact no one at the dealership has seen a focus with this many miles on it. I had to replace the orginal transmission, but even that lasted to 260k miles. Not bad for an automatic. I've really only done routine maintance on the car and when something did need to be replaced I would only use Ford parts. I've changed the oil in the car religiously and once again I've always used Ford Motorcraft Oil. Anyone think ford would trade me straight up for a new one lol. They could tear this one down and see what they did right lol.

Attachments

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
all i can say is....

....damn. Thats gotta be a word record for a focus! lol. Good job on the upkeep of that thing!

·
Registered
110 Posts
living in the northeast....i always seem to fall victim to rust and corrosion before i can even come close to that with any car......that is awesome......let us know when you hit 350k!!

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
This is awesome. I think I read in sport compact car mag were some dude had like 1/2 mil miles on a vw jetta diesel and vw gave him a toureg for 6months. Keep going dude and see how high you can go. Like almost running out of gas when the meter is below E.

·
Registered
784 Posts
thats awesome... gota love that, keep it going

and the VW... thats nothing for a diesel gota remember that diesel is a lubricant wile gas is a solvent.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just curious, what's the lifetime MPG?
If its dropped any its so small I can't notice it. I still get 320 miles per tank before the gas light comes on. I plan on keeping this thing on the road no matter what. Even if it means putting a new motor in it, which wouldn't be bad since I get employee pricing.[:D] The only way I'd ever get rid of it heaven for bid is if someone hits me. I'm sure an insurance company would total it out over a door ding lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
keep drivin away man[driving] ...there was a guy that had like 1 million miles on a volvo and they bought the car back from him, gave him a new car so they could put the old one in their museum

put the hondas to shame[headbang]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
wow. in only 7 years? mind telling us what exactly you're doing?! lol, wow. that tops my grandfather's '93 Explorer with +220k, just regular maintanence other than a new transmission a few thousand ago, and i've always thought his ford has been doing great, lol.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i remember seeing in a mustang magazine that a nun had a 87 mustang with 600k on it and was still going strong.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
spi or zetec?

I'd only be surprised if its an spi. the zetec is more reliable than your mom, im running 10.5:1 CR on my 171,000 mile block and it still blows 205-215 psi compression. nuttin like a good ol iron block to keep a car movin [thumb] but the 4f27e is a different story, my first one went to 163k before it busted the front seal and started having solenoid issues every once in a while... still a pretty good trans I guess, it coulda went to 180k.

I cant believe your thermostat housing lasted this long.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts