Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna get a new 3CCD video camera, but that plan may flop if I don't get a reply from someone...

So, I have a '04 ZX5 Automatic 5dr stock, I want it to handle better before adding speed/power. So can you guys make some recomendations (with links)? I can go up to $3700 if needed.

Note: I hate shiney rims.. I like the colour black and Euro style.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
powerworks kit

use the extra 700 for an LSD

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^I was gonna ask the same. What engine? Since you are in CA it's prolly a Duratec.

PS-Moving to Duratec Owners Lounge[;)]

·
Registered
176 Posts
If handling is first and foremost the Ford Racing coilover kit and sway bars will run you about $1400.
A set of Rota 15" or 16" Slipstreams(super light), plus tires would run you about $1000.

That would make it stick to the asphalt like glue.
[:D]

I'd throw the rest into a CAI, exhaust and tune.

If you're not looking to go that hardcore with the suspension you can get the Eibach Pro or Sportline system w/swaybars for $775. I'd still go with a 15" or 16" Slipstream for handling and less rotating mass(more whp). That'd leave you a little more $$ for the engine, I'd still go CAI and exhaust and add in a header/flex and cam with the tune. Oh, and you could throw in a balance shaft delete for $20 that'll add a cheap 4-5whp.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Well, is it a zetec...If so, powerworks, if not let us know, and we "ll be sure to come up with something.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I forgot the links. [:)~]

http://www.myfordfocus.com/storefront/suspension.htm
The coilover kit is 3rd down and the Eichbach kits are at the bottom.

zxtuner has good prices on the rota's
http://www.zx2racing.com/store/thumbnail.asp?cid=12

I'm fond of the FocusSport exhaust myself, the Stealth in particular if you're going to consider a header and flex pipe in the future. Their CAI is pretty sweet as well.
Exhaust - http://www.focussport.com/exhaust.htm
CAI - http://www.focussport.com/coolflo.htm

Cams and tuner - http://www.marcymotorsport.com/html/focus/focus_2003-2006_2_3l.htm
You can get a package deal from Walter if you pick up his CAI and tuner together.

These BFG g-forces are pretty sexy and not too expensive: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ed_rating=WR&speed_rating=YR&minSpeedRating=S
Michellin is great, too, they make BFGs. Can't go wrong with a good set of Dunlop/Pirelli, either. Stay away from Goodyear and Bridgestone(made by Firestone).

·
Registered
93 Posts
seriously, save that money. invest it. take a few college classes or something. i know this is a website about tricking out your ford focus, but come on. the car is an automatic. don't piss away three thousand dollars. that is like 1/3 the price of what i paid for my focus brand new a few months ago.

lucas.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Don't listen to these clowns, I think everyone can agree throwing a huge party complete with a bathroom coke buffet and prostitutes is hands down the best way to spend that money. [:D]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coke and hookers!!

Silver03SVT said:
Invest it.
seriously, save that money. invest it. take a few college classes or something. i know this is a website about tricking out your ford focus, but come on. the car is an automatic. don't piss away three thousand dollars. that is like 1/3 the price of what i paid for my focus brand new a few months ago.
I already did, that's just a small chunk of my bonus. My personal rule is divide it into 4ths: fun(family trips/videogames)/projects(software/equipment)/kid/save. I finished college at 21 (went in at 17) and I have the job I've been going for since I was 10. It's cool that you guys are sincere and posted that, way cool.

Lamont <------ He's Pro.

No matter the car I drive, I like it to handle well. And to spend $1500 on that isn't a real issue, and when I give the keys to the wife, she'll be alright.

I like that you guys are like minded in ways to use money, that's why I posted here and not ask my buddies (who usually say 'buy a car/useless crap.. focus sucks...'). Seriously, thanks for the replies folks.

Mastodon, thanks for the links, bookmarked and ready to go!

SVTJerbo, I almost ended up in in Champaign to work for Volition... nice place I heard.

·
&#9788;
7,494 Posts
Lamont said:
I finished college at 21 (went in at 17) and I have the job I've been going for since I was 10. It's cool that you guys are sincere and posted that, way cool.
All I can say is congradulations on your successes [thumb]

But honestly, how can you go wrong with suspension work / tires / brakes / f/r sway+strut bars, etc.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ok here is what you do...
SVT Suspension $275.00 (awesome daily driver), depending on your model, a Rear Sub-Frame member to mount the SVT rear Anti-Sway Bar $230.00 from Ford Racing. Strut Tower Brace $99.00 and a Short Throw Shifter $145.00 also from Ford Racing. SVT Suspension and rear sub-frame member installation at the dealer (keeps the warranty intact) with 4 wheel alignment and camber adjustment $600.00 or so. Dark Argent EAP wheels $125.00 ea. from the Tire Rack or Discount will match the price and a set of B.F. Goodrich G-Sport KDW's or equivalent high-performance dry/wet tires $125.00 to $140.00 ea. depending where you but them from. A set of Steel Braided brake lines $99.00 from Steeda, a set of Hawk or EBC pads and you'll have a wicked daily driver. Any money left over could go for a CAI, throttle body, exhaust and a Tune.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SVTJerbo said:
Don't listen to these clowns, I think everyone can agree throwing a huge party complete with a bathroom coke buffet and prostitutes is hands down the best way to spend that money. [:D]
Hookers and blow! Yah baby, yah! [:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts