Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a new spec stage 2 and aluminum flywheel put in on Thursday and i drove about 200 miles today and in 6th gear in cruise control on the highway my clutch was slipping going up hills. now I have been babying my car, no full throttle, no burnouts, no revving over about 3.5k rpms. why might it be doing this?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Did you beat on it immedietly after install or properly break it in? I would take it back to your shop who installed it and talk to them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you can destroy a clutch if you don't properly break it in. my buddy put a stage 2 in his GST. pulled out of the shop, punched it and 30 miles later it was back in the shop for a new clutch.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Breaking in a clutch should be about 500 miles of normal everyday driving. Not all highway miles to break it in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
you may have gotten a bad clutch take it back have them check it out. it happens my bro had a eclipse gsx and he got a bad clutch that didnt even grab anymore after 300 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you may have gotten a bad clutch take it back have them check it out. it happens my bro had a eclipse gsx and he got a bad clutch that didnt even grab anymore after 300 miles.
I cant take the clutch out again send it away and wait for a new one this is my dd i cant im that long without a clutch or afford to have it taken out and put back in

·
Registered
191 Posts
are ur lines bled correctly? oil/fluid on the clutch? just a bad clutch/ install

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I cant take the clutch out again send it away and wait for a new one this is my dd i cant im that long without a clutch or afford to have it taken out and put back in
Unfortunately that may be your only option. Occasionally you'll find a bad clutch and if it continues to slip it will inevitably go out and could leave you stranded. I'd go talk to your shop who installed it and try and find a remedy. Good luck man [thumb]

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Geez, what a nightmare. Good luck with that.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
imo if the clutch was bad then the clutch company should have to pay for the original clutch and install as well as the new clutch and install. after all its not your fault they made a bunk clutch

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, but if a company sells a flywheel and clutch together in a kit, couldn't they break them in themselves as well?

·
70 100 70 70 : (
1,977 Posts
that sucks

my clutch started to do a weird sound, my svt is a dd too, i didn't have it for 2 months, how do you like that?, spec will solve it for you, it did with mine but waiting time sucks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow sry that suks...my brothers probe did the same thing and he was told at UTI (he goes to school there) if u leave it in a gear for a long period of time there is a chance u can damage it if it isnt broken in. not know if that is true(im a noob with mechanical) just passing on wat i was told =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts