Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever seen a S/C (kit or pieced together) that can put a Zetec at around 300HP or more? Perhaps a modded Kenne Bell?

I ask because I would much prefer to make power throughout the entire RPM range rather than just at higher RPM

This is of course when I do get an SVT. Which will hopefully be before the end of next summer.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Kenne bell doesn't make a supercharger for the Focus. A roots system won't get you anywhere near that number.

Best bet would be to get a procharger, and a lot of tuning for that number though

Watch out though Turbo snobbery is on the way lol but really the best way for those numbers and more is to get a turbo.

Heres my real suggestion though: If you really want 300hp don't buy an SVT and boost it, get an STI, and yes I'm being completely serious. Or get an SRT-4 and do some minor bolt ons.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
yeah jsut go turbo, unless you want to make an svt pretty quick and then have another car thats you want to make really fast.
or buy a 240sx shell for like 600 then buy an sr20det or rb26det.
gut it out. weight like 2200 pounds and have like 300 hp.

if you turbo get one from a diesel truck, things are made to last forever.
and some actually spool up pretty quick and you will never have to worry about how much hp they can support cause u know its lik 500+ haha.

·
Registered
717 Posts
A zetec I have not seen at 300 hp with a S/C. An SVT however I have even with a roots style S/C. But the money to get it there is alot.

Like many people will say a turbo will be more cost effective and easier to get it to that level of HP.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenne bell doesn't make a supercharger for the Focus.
I know, but I was wondering if someone had done some custom work to fit one.

Heres my real suggestion though: If you really want 300hp don't buy an SVT and boost it, get an STI, and yes I'm being completely serious. Or get an SRT-4 and do some minor bolt ons.
I would, but seeing as I'm a poor college student I don't have enough for either of those. An SVT is pricey for what I can afford actually. In a few years I will get something quicker, but for now I'm trying to get around 300HP and stay happy.

Plus I love Foci

But thanks for the info man

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A zetec I have not seen at 300 hp with a S/C. An SVT however I have even with a roots style S/C. But the money to get it there is alot.

Like many people will say a turbo will be more cost effective and easier to get it to that level of HP.
Could you post a link?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
As a Procharger dealer i can tell you that a stock SVT will make appx. 280 HP at the tires with 10lbs of boost. With a CFM overdrive pulley, you could surpass the 300hp mark. Its expensive, but still cheaper than most any turbo kit. PM me if you have questions.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a Procharger dealer i can tell you that a stock SVT will make appx. 280 HP at the tires with 10lbs of boost. With a CFM overdrive pulley, you could surpass the 300hp mark. Its expensive, but still cheaper than most any turbo kit. PM me if you have questions.
A How much does the kit cost for everything (including the pulley)?

B. What kind is it? Roots, Screw, or Centrifugal?

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
buy a 240sx you could get 300hp with it and its rwd!

and u could do it all for under the cost of procharging an focus or an svtf
make ur focus a DD and 240sx your drift machine haha

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
buy a 240sx you could get 300hp with it and its rwd!

and u could do it all for under the cost of procharging an focus or an svtf
make ur focus a DD and 240sx your drift machine haha
But I want a Focus....

·
Banned
1,355 Posts

I would, but seeing as I'm a poor college student I don't have enough for either of those. An SVT is pricey for what I can afford actually. In a few years I will get something quicker, but for now I'm trying to get around 300HP and stay happy.

Plus I love Foci

If your a poor college student, like I am, don't boost the Focus its 3K+ on average. Best bet would be to save that money. Plus that price is not even taking into account the problems you will have down the line. Your money is more wisely put into a savings account for a house or a better car for boost. Putting possibly 10K into a 4k car that will get blown away by lightly modified competition is not worth it.

If you really want to go fast in a straightline for very little cash buy an SRT-4, but really you should put that money towards something more valuable.

I'm not knocking your decision, honestly just giving you more options.

Believe me I wanted boost so bad but I learned my lesson from my three friends in high school that dumped all their money and more into their car to go fast. Now they live at home, owe tens of thousands on their rides on top of student loans.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Plus I love Foci

Actually the srt-4's are pretty cheap now for what i paid for my svtf i could have got a srt but this is what i wanted so i bought it!! I love the car.

If you want a cheap 300hp car buy a honda hatch put a motor and turbo and there you go!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
PM sent.........

BY the way, unless youre only concerned with just straight line speed, then 300 hp is fine, but if you want a very balanced car that will do alot especially if you want to do some auto-x'ing, a SVT with appx. 250 hp the tires is enough.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
250whp is my power goal, I have a PowerWorks. I have 16whp to go. I'd also like to crack 200WTQ :) Why does the ProCharger make so much more poer at a given boost level? Does it just move that much more volume? Thanks

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've seen 285whp on the powerworks but you start getting to the point that when you keep upping the boost the power it takes to turn the SC is almost as much as the SC is putting out (at the added boost level)

FWIW not everone wants an STi........

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
From what I have read the guy wants a 300hp focus. It can be done so lets get him there instead of telling him to buy another car.

Rudel made over 300 with his SC setup but he is now a turbo guy too. He had the procharger setup with a stroker motor....very expensive. May be cheaper to actually go turbo in that situation but your call. It can be done but not with a roots.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From what I have read the guy wants a 300hp focus. It can be done so lets get him there instead of telling him to buy another car.

Rudel made over 300 with his SC setup but he is now a turbo guy too. He had the procharger setup with a stroker motor....very expensive. May be cheaper to actually go turbo in that situation but your call. It can be done but not with a roots.
Thank you. That was the kind of response I was looking for.

By the time I actually go FI I will have other mods to accommodate it. Such as, pulleys, intake, exhaust, etc. So will that make the difference. Not just FI a stock car.

I am looking for straight line speed at the moment. Planning to make this a highway beast. I'll probably start autoxing at some later point in my life when I can afford to have a second car. I don't want to autox my DD.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I dont know that I have seen but to making it to 300 with the PC and they both had to have the c2 PC unit and PC wont sell that kit to just any PC dealer

Turbo would be cheaper , easier to reach your goals , more adjustability and happier in the end then with the PC , I have removed 2 PC for turbos in the last month

Tom

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Intake and exhaust is basically a must when you go FI. A clutch also

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
well im not going to get in on this at all. i have owned a supercharged focus, stock motor turbo focus, a srt4, and now i own a built turbo focus, and a sti. i have my opinions on my cars.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts