Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed focus central last night asking about the parts catalog... I also slipped in the fact I was hoping to gain 30-40HP and curious of what the best starting point on the SVT would be... They replied that it probably wasnt possible to gain that kind of power w/o supercharger????? Are they serious?? If they are, do they know what they are talking about?? Could i unload like 3,000(w/o supercharger) on this car and not gain 30HP??

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Sadly enough it is quite true.....With just bolt-ons your are going to gain but not a whole 40 HP........Vortech or Tom's Kit would be your best bet.......

Peace.....

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
you won't get 30-40whp as of this time, if u wait for cams/head...u will easily make the power you are searching for, you could go for 20whp though

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BBBOOOOO... You mean w/ CAI, Throttle Body, Cams(If Available), Offroad pipe, Exhaust, Cam Pulley, Underdrive pulleys, Flywheel, Chip(If Available), I wont even be close to 30 at the crank... ?? What are aftermarket Intake manifolds? Are those available??

Copy... BBBOOOOO... Over.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yeah it kinda sucks thats the reason I don't really wanna try and trick out my focus

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
no aftermarket manifolds are available, cam pulley is part of the udp set, no chip....but basically all the bolt ons is alright...but i think for the cash spent there, save some more and go with the JRSC... give you the 230hp or so you would like.

ORP=200
CAI=250
Cat-back=400
TB=290
pulleys=130
flywheel=400

or...3100 for the jrsc

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well, rumors are rumors, but the current one is that FS head and cams with those bolt-ons will give in the range of 180 whp, maybe more. It all depends on how their cams turn out. If that is true, you are looking at about 200 hp at the crank, which isn't bad. Now, let's wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, SVT did a good job, hard to get a ton of HP w/o a supercharger

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have heard that the FR200 intake manifold is a direct bolt on for our cars and showed decent gains up top...but I don't know if that's true or not. If it is, sure would be nice to be rid of the DSI... But I'm too broke and too big a sissy to throw caution to the wind and try it, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You guys should check out www.kookscustomheaders.com and see if they can custom build you something. It's expensive, probably $2500 all in all. But that's good for almost 50 horses and 33lb-ft of torque on a Marauder. I figure some underdrive pullyes are good for 15 or 20 horses eh? New spark plugs ( www.densoiridium.com/index.php?flash=1 ) too and with that get a K&N, an SCT or chip for the computer (big help, made my car something completely different, it goes like it's always 30 or 40º), and a new torque converter. Different gears in the rear too (3.55 maybe?).

Then you can think about some superchargin'.[:D] [;)] [thumb]

http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm

Kenne there is good with lots of power on small applications (i.e. the Miata).

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can get a set of heads for it. Also, I was reading Import Racer and they had a zetec buildup. They'll build it w/o boost or nos pushing 290 to 300 hp. They will also build it so you can add boost to it later. Different pistons and crank shaft depending. They said for about $5000. It's a little expensive, but you can't get that much power just by strapping on a turbo, supercharger or nos. I think it's Focus Central who builds it too. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
got any more info on that buildup? $5k for pistons and crank is ALOT of money

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
NOS is kinda like cheating its like Steroids for your car but that doesn't make it any less fun =)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
MarquisDude said:
You guys should check out www.kookscustomheaders.com and see if they can custom build you something. It's expensive, probably $2500 all in all. But that's good for almost 50 horses and 33lb-ft of torque on a Marauder. I figure some underdrive pullyes are good for 15 or 20 horses eh? New spark plugs ( www.densoiridium.com/index.php?flash=1 ) too and with that get a K&N, an SCT or chip for the computer (big help, made my car something completely different, it goes like it's always 30 or 40º), and a new torque converter. Different gears in the rear too (3.55 maybe?).

Then you can think about some superchargin'.[:D] [;)] [thumb]

http://www.kennebell.net/index.htm

Kenne there is good with lots of power on small applications (i.e. the Miata).
Easy big guy the focus doesn't have rear end gears or a torque converter.

Kook makes awesome parts but the price is too much on a focus.

Not sure wtf sixty9oz is talking about either.

If you want power get a turbo or vortech s/c thats it, nothing else will do the same.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You need to be easy there too focaltech. I'm just repeating what came from a magazine. No need to get all fiesty. Show me a turbo or s/c that will give you 290 to 300 horses. I want a turbo too, but that sounds cheaper to me to get that much power. I know you can get that much power, but not by just adding a turbo or s/c. Go to Import Racer.com and it should still be there. It's called Killer zetec. Just putting out the info that I get to help some people out.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Sorry man, Focal is dead on. Tom's SVT kit makes 325 at the wheels I think. That is prolly on 110 octane, but you can figure that with lower boost and octane, you are right at your range. More importantly, the torque acheived with a tuned turbo setup is unbeatable vs a NA zetec.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
sixty9oz said:
You need to be easy there too focaltech. I'm just repeating what came from a magazine. No need to get all fiesty. Show me a turbo or s/c that will give you 290 to 300 horses. I want a turbo too, but that sounds cheaper to me to get that much power. I know you can get that much power, but not by just adding a turbo or s/c. Go to Import Racer.com and it should still be there. It's called Killer zetec. Just putting out the info that I get to help some people out.
When it comes to the focus I don't read things called import racer.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Off topic but..... How much is Tom kit run? LoL, Focal you crack me up. But I dont' think I would buy anything for the Focus from import land. lol[???:)]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts