Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had no problems with the DCT on my 2012 Titanium Focus. Now approaching 30K miles and am noticing slipping and jumping with the tranny when in heavy, creeping traffic, or if I "get into it" a bit from a stop. It has just started behaving this way in the last 1000 or so miles.

I called my dealer and he said they are swamped with Focus transmission issues, cannot get parts from Ford, and have a wait list into February of next year. I asked him what happens if it fails and he said even thought I'm within the Manufacturer's warranty, they are not providing loaners for transmission problems. (They usually do if your car is in longer than a day for a service issue).

My secretary's husband works in the shop at another local Ford dealer and he says its the same story at his dealership. This is pretty unsettling news considering the car is still under the original warranty. I traded my much loved MINI for the Focus because I didn't want to contend with big expensive out-of warranty repairs down the road. This is not much better.

How can Ford not have enough parts available to fix this issue? Is anyone else encountering this? What do you do if the transmission just goes out? Are you just SOL til parts become available?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had no problems with the DCT on my 2012 Titanium Focus. Now approaching 30K miles and am noticing slipping and jumping with the tranny when in heavy, creeping traffic, or if I "get into it" a bit from a stop. It has just started behaving this way in the last 1000 or so miles.

I called my dealer and he said they are swamped with Focus transmission issues, cannot get parts from Ford, and have a wait list into February of next year. I asked him what happens if it fails and he said even thought I'm within the Manufacturer's warranty, they are not providing loaners for transmission problems. (They usually do if your car is in longer than a day for a service issue).

My secretary's husband works in the shop at another local Ford dealer and he says its the same story at his dealership. This is pretty unsettling news considering the car is still under the original warranty. I traded my much loved MINI for the Focus because I didn't want to contend with big expensive out-of warranty repairs down the road. This is not much better.

How can Ford not have enough parts available to fix this issue? Is anyone else encountering this? What do you do if the transmission just goes out? Are you just SOL til parts become available?

I dont think it's anything that would leave you stranded but the least you can do is go to your Ford Dealer and request them to check if you have the latest software installed. It doesnt take long and its something that they can do while you're in the waiting room, or looking around checking out new Ford Escapes...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Made this post a fresh thread...

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

Hi there,

I'll be happy to look into some additional assistance on this. Please send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ron,
I believe I already have the update if its the same one that's been out for a while.

Meagan:
Thanks for the input, but I've got an appointment for an oil change Friday. The tech said he would have them check out the transmission and make sure I have the update. So, I'll wait to see what happens on Friday. The lack of parts situation is still pretty disturbing for a corporation as big as Ford. Woulda never thunk it. I'll post an update after the service.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...Meagan:
Thanks for the input, but I've got an appointment for an oil change Friday. The tech said he would have them check out the transmission and make sure I have the update. So, I'll wait to see what happens on Friday. The lack of parts situation is still pretty disturbing for a corporation as big as Ford. Woulda never thunk it. I'll post an update after the service.

Thanks,
Rich
Sounds good, I'll be here if you need me. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I went in for my oil change yesterday. After looking at the car, the tech said my car needed the new update and it did not appear to be a mechanical issue. They did the reprogramming and testing per TSB 14-0197. Seems ok but I haven't driven it a lot yet. Hopefully, he is right and I don't have the bigger issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is the car driving better?

sure hope so cause both me & the wife own 2014 Focus and this is becoming a concern now..... hers already needs a new clutch after 7k miles & now Im worried about mine....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the car driving better?
So far, so good. I'm not feeling the jerking or surging feelings I had recently developed, so hopefully the software update took care of the problem. Fingers crossed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts