Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions for you intelligent gentleman here.

1. Is there a thread dedicated to successful clutch replacements on here that can help ease my mind lol.

2. Are major repairs reported on carfax reports?

3. At what point do dealers and ford start working with people as far as buybacks and car switches?

I am on my second clutch replacement in less than 11 months and am thinking i am not the first person to have clutches replaced in this car so i want to look into seeing if this is just a passed off lemon and ford is just trying to keep it in circulation. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with their dealer buying the car back from them at a reasonable price because i am interested in switching cars if this thing continues to crap all over my life :).

·
Registered
81 Posts
If this is an automatic Transmission car then it's a common Problem. Kinda reinstates me why here in Germany naerly all cars are Manual shift.

If it's a Manual shift car then maybe you need to use the clutch mroe carefully.

Carfax only tracks reported accidents and they are far from even keeping track of all accidents. So a "clean" carfax Report does not mean there are no accidents, it simply means they didn't hear of any. Which must not mean much... Having a clutch replaced at your local car repair shop is not an accident by Definition.

Lemon laws differ from state to state and often they only apply to new cars not 2nd Hand. But Check if your Ford might fall under the Extended warranty. After all the Problems with the automatic Transmission in the Focus Ford offered a free Extended warranty for the trasmission for loads of configurations. They might even pay for a clutch you had replaced on your own, so effectively they pay you back the Money you spend in many cases (at least in the U.S. that is).

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a few questions for you intelligent gentleman here.

1. Is there a thread dedicated to successful clutch replacements on here that can help ease my mind lol.

2. Are major repairs reported on carfax reports?

3. At what point do dealers and ford start working with people as far as buybacks and car switches?

I am on my second clutch replacement in less than 11 months and am thinking i am not the first person to have clutches replaced in this car so i want to look into seeing if this is just a passed off lemon and ford is just trying to keep it in circulation. I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with their dealer buying the car back from them at a reasonable price because i am interested in switching cars if this thing continues to crap all over my life :).

CunFF gave you the right link. There is not really any one thread that is going to put your mind at ease, at some point most turn into a discussion about how many times the clutch has been replaced/problems/etc. You'll be better off reading some of the stickies there.

CarFax only shows those repairs which have been officially reported. The work most dealerships do will show up there, but if work has been done by a previous owner at home, or if it's a mom and pop repair shop, you'll probably not see it reflected there.

Finally, you'll have a heck of a time with trying to get Ford to buy it back. A few have had success but they were in a worse situation than you currently are. Same goes for the lemon law...the bottom line is that more people around here than you think have had multiple clutch replacements. It's not the car itself which is defective, but rather the transmission components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts