Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is what I'm going to get...eventually. What do you guys think of planet audio's big bang series? I haven't heard much of them but the dealer said they have a great warranty policy (if anything happens they ship in a brand new sub). I was going to have my family get it for me for Christmas buuuut with the economy at its finest and a lay off thats not going to happen, so i am going to piece it together over time.[loveff]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive had a couple systems from places like circut city and best buy, but have blown them all. I started out just wanting a little bass and now im looking for some hard hitting subs (enough to wake up the neighboors and shake kids at school but nothing deffdefying) but wont blow ez and has a warranty just in case. I want too keep it with in 500-650 range witch will be hard but my local custom shop "legendary looks" will hook me up with 3 big bang 12's slot and ported box and amp w/instilation for about 650-700 all to gether or i could go with a single or 2 big bang 15's for about 500-600

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its the Zx3 hatch back, and $700 would be a lil much but if im piecing it together over time and dont see $700 on one bill i think ill suirvive lol and yes just on bass. I ride bmx so i cant have a perminate box. I listen to rap (trust me im not a wig/ger just like the music haha). When they say instilation there going to tune all my speakers and take the bass out of my regular speaker also.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There asking $262 but if i only get one im fine with that price. Now if it hits as hard as you say id also enter some competitions, i like going to those types of things for fun and to see whats out there im not to competetive though

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its going to take more than 2 15" type R's and ~1kw rms to compete, unless you plan on bass racing. I've never personally heard Type R's but I hear they are stout woofers, give them a good 1500-2000 rms each and you should be good. I have 2 Mach 5 SPL 12"s and its pretty loud on music, we have metered it on the Termlab and its suprising the scores it put up, considering its a daily driver box peaking at 40hz

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
big bang's are awesome! my friend has 2 10" big bangs in his focus and you cant sit in it! it has a vented box with an interfire 900 2 channel amp pushing them and im telling you if i find 2 12's for a good deal im buying them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
big bang's are awesome! my friend has 2 10" big bangs in his focus and you cant sit in it! it has a vented box with an interfire 900 2 channel amp pushing them and im telling you if i find 2 12's for a good deal im buying them.

LOL, so do you think three 12's would hit hard?

·
Registered
48 Posts
they are rated for 700w rms 1000w rms is pushing it but you should be ok. i wouldnt give them anymore than that. beleive me one is more than enough even to compete. for competetion i would tune higher than the 30hz i recomended for dd duty. for comps he would need to find the resonant frequency of his car and tune about 5hz below that probably 45-50hz. for daily driver if you tune that high the woofer will unload and he will be replacing it weekly. i personally know people who have hit 140+ on a single 10.
Well you can do 150 legal with a 10" type r in the right fart box. But to get loud and still be tuned low... thats impressive. A Type R can take 2kw on burps, mayby not daily driving.

·
Registered
48 Posts
LOL, so do you think three 12's would hit hard?
Loud is subjective, to most people high 130's on music is loud enough. To some, 150's still is not loud enough [poke]

In my opinion mid to high 40's is loud enough, any louder and you will seriously damage your hearing, but to be able to crank out a +50 whenever you want is ncie to have. The only way to tell is to actually sit in a car thats been on the Termlab so you can experience for yourself how loud you want to be., [angel]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so forget all the hyp about any comps, just think of it as a teenager angring lots of old people and nighbors, who wants as loud ad possible for as $low as possible, im looking at doing that 15 and i might possibly buy that box any just incase i go with that big bang 15

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loud is subjective, to most people high 130's on music is loud enough. To some, 150's still is not loud enough [poke]

In my opinion mid to high 40's is loud enough, any louder and you will seriously damage your hearing, but to be able to crank out a +50 whenever you want is ncie to have. The only way to tell is to actually sit in a car thats been on the Termlab so you can experience for yourself how loud you want to be., [angel]
haha true, im just looking for an outstanding system that could be louder then many many others lol i dnt intend on cranking it all the time.....well maybe[;)]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how much did your lambo doors cost? i likey. and i dont know much about bigbang ive never heard of them could you post a link to their website? i dont know if this box will fit their specs. it may be moot for them.
My door kit cost $400, but im putting new gas shocks in them because cheap kit=cheap shocks and what not.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i would like to see that happen. from what this guy says he is not looking to give anywoofer 2kw. the ho alt alone will run at least $300. count on probably 2 runs of 0ga thats another 150-2. and there went most of the budget. and those right fart boxes as you call them would not work for a dd. like i already posted the woofer would unload and he would replace it weekly.
Tommyk did a 150 legal at the dash with a single Type r, but then again he is 2008 bassrace nationals champion, 06 and 07 meca champ.

I'm just letting him know, if he wants to get loud, he has to throw that budget away and get loud now, because in the long run selling and upgrading over and over again will cost 2x as much as it will to throw down good money now and be satisified [grinking]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what all is involved. im mechanically inclined and ive wanted to do this for a while i just havent really made an effort to research it.

Just a lot of lokking and finding of bolts in fender wells, if you know what your doing should be able to do it in a long day.

You need to:
Take off the front bumper, take off fenders, tape the door to the car (so not to ruin alignment), Take old hinges off, place knew hinges on, drill one hole for a new screw to hold on hinge, and LOTS AND LOTS OF ADJUSTING (the most time consuming) then bend fenders to fit new hinges, put it back to gether and your done.[thankyou]

They have instruction on the web page, but if you have the money GET the expensive ones, it will save a lot of adjusting and minor problems

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I would say get this. Great price. Just match it with a giant mono amp and wire it to 2 ohms, you will be pushing your windshield to the max. That's not my sub, and I am not related to it in any way, but let me tell you, that thing will thump!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts