Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently installed 3 AutoMeter Ultra-Light gauges in my 08 sedan. Thought I'd share a couple of pics.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good idea on using that spot beneth the sync inputs, I was thinking about putting something there, just dont know yet..looks good!

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - I'll get some day light shots and post those for you.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
looks great, you have some awesome ideas brad, really like how your sedan looks!

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
car is looking teh sXe

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a shot with a little more light.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,785 Posts
Hey I have those pedals in black... I couldn't get the gas pedal to fit right though... back to topic that looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
looks incredible, n very useful. gotta ask tho, how much was the whole set up n how difficult was installation?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey I have those pedals in black... I couldn't get the gas pedal to fit right though... back to topic that looks sweet.
Yeah, the gas pedal is a weird shape and I had to make my own brackets to get that one to fit.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
looks incredible, n very useful. gotta ask tho, how much was the whole set up n how difficult was installation?
Well, I picked up the gauges on eBay - they're all brand new and all three ran about $400. The wide band a/f monitor being the biggest chunk of that.

The installation wasn't hard, once I figured out how to get the wires from the engine bay into the cabin. I'll explain how I installed each later - I have to get ready for work right now.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
did you have to cut a hole in the dash to fit that gauge or was there something there that you popped out and replaced it with the gauge?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had to cut that hole! Talk about nervous. But I experimented first with some other plastic I had laying around to make sure, as best I could, that things were going to work out. I used a 2" hole saw (a good one) worked up my courage and drilled the hole.

Because of the curve of the dash I also made an angle bracket for it. I got lucky and everything fits perfectly.

I'm working on a write-up on how I installed all three gauges that should be ready and posted today. How I made the angle brackets, mounted the gauges, got the wires from the engine bay to the cabin and the wiring connections will be in there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts