Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a full leather interior for a good price but not sure if they will fit as they are from a 3dr and mine is a 5dr just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on the matter?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
They might work.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I do not remember anyone doing it. There will be other members chiming in later in the day.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
FYI, all SVT seats are the same between 3 and 5 door models. That should be your answer there [:)]

They will all bolt in just fine them between 3 and 5 door cars. You will have seats that will slide forward like you would need when they were in a 3 door car to access the rear seats, that wont matter on the 5 door at all

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any chance of a 3-door set fitting into a sedan?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
It should fit just fine. There are no differences to the seats that I am aware of. Same body style, i see no reason why it won't.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Any mk1 seats will fit in hatch or sedan. They are all the same.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Front "seats" are the same, SRS (air bags, seat belt buckles, etc) are model year specific. Back seats will fit, except the seat back latches are different between ZX3/ZX5 and ZX4. I had Mk1 ZX3 seats in my Mk1.5 ZX4. PM me if you want more specific information.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
SVT Seats, 3 and 5 dr are the same as well as 05-07 ST seats
If by "the same" you mean each will bolt into either a Mk1 or a Mk1.5, you are correct. However, the SRS is model year specific, and will require using seat belt buckles and side air bags of the same model year as the vehicle in which the seats will be used.
If you mean they are equal in quality and comfort, I disagree. Standard SVT seats are far superior to the standard cloth seats in the Mk1.5 ST. I went to considerable effort and expense to replace the stock cloth seats from my '05 ST with cloth/leather seats from an '03 SVT, and still retain the full functionality of the SRS. It found all of the effort and expense well worthwhile.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If by "the same" you mean each will bolt into either a Mk1 or a Mk1.5, you are correct. However, the SRS is model year specific, and will require using seat belt buckles and side air bags of the same model year as the vehicle in which the seats will be used.
If you mean they are equal in quality and comfort, I disagree. Standard SVT seats are far superior to the standard cloth seats in the Mk1.5 ST. I went to considerable effort and expense to replace the stock cloth seats from my '05 ST with cloth/leather seats from an '03 SVT, and still retain the full functionality of the SRS. It found all of the effort and expense well worthwhile.
Say Chris, What did you end up doing? Did you use your st frame w/ svt foam/fabric? Or what? Or just bolt in the svt seats into your st?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts