Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could swear after driving a 5 door and a 3 door back to back both being stock, that the 3 door was faster and much more easier to toss around.

Any thoughts?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Could be the doors changing the weight distribution.

-Ray-

·
Registered
94 Posts
I been in the market for one and Had a 5 door for about a week...It was peppy IMO..I had also drove my buddys 3 door and didnt think it did as good as the 5 door.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There is absolutely no difference between the 5-door and 3-door except for the two extra doors: engine and dimensions are the same. The only difference may be the weight of the extra doors and structural rigidity. Probably what would make the most difference is how well the cars have been maintained and how hard they have been treated over the years.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
^^ like they said, the difference between the two is minimal. When i drove them i noticed that the 4dr was slightly heavier, and the rear of the car tended to lean more around corners, but thats probably fixable with a decent swaybar and better suspension.

But the above was minimal, a well maintained 5-dr will be neck and neck with a 3dr no problem.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
The power of individual cars even coming right off the dealer lot can vary by as much as 15 hp at the wheels with the SVT among all three years.

·
Banned
18 Posts
^^ like they said, the difference between the two is minimal. When i drove them i noticed that the 4dr was slightly heavier, and the rear of the car tended to lean more around corners, but thats probably fixable with a decent swaybar and better suspension.

But the above was minimal, a well maintained 5-dr will be neck and neck with a 3dr no problem.
100% agree with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts