Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am new to FF and my 2008 Focus SE coupe; I already have plans to install a CA intake and Magnaflow exhaust system in the near future; My main question is this; I have recently seen videos showing 1st gen Foci with V8 conversion kits and was interested in learning more about it. Does anyone know of a successful 2nd gen Foci V8 conversion? Thanks,

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
^ I havent seen one myself, but IIRC, the frame on the 2008 is very similar to the 00-07 foci, so i dont see why it couldnt be done.

FYI though, after talking to two different V8 swap owners, i have found:

1. the v8 is much heavier than our 4-bangers, and as such, it ruins the balance of the car and destroys the handling, both of which are what make the focus such a great car to drive.

2. past 300hp, putting power to the ground in a focus is neigh-impossible without tubbing the tires etc. hitting that mark with a turbo is much cheaper, and much lighter, meaning that performance and price wise, its a much better option.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
IMO, a v8 in a focus is just a waist of money. as stated by viperthreat, A turbo kit will be a better bang for buck.

If you want a V8, buy one like i just did. A SN95, last year of the PR 5.0L.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
^^ this is pretty much true unless you get a great deal on the parts required for the swap and at least break even by selling the good parts from your current car. That and having the means to figure out how to build it. Guarantee mine will be the lowest amount spent for a swap like it.

BUT yeah really though it's so much easier just to buy another car with what you want in it.

Viper you seen that that carbon fiber block this guy was making? I THINK it was a duratec if I remember correctly. Pretty impressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts