Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i do stuff that alot of people dont like i have like 14 neons inside my car, underbodies, and a full sound system, a new alternator, red top optima battery, new ignition coil, plugs and wires, and for some reason the battery is still diein so i am considering gettin a second battery int there (there is room were the air intake used to be until the cold air went in) i would rather not put in second battery but dont kno wat to do, or how to hook up the new battery any help is needed

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hmmm.. if you are really desparate for a new battery, take all the neons and everything to do with the sound system, and put in an Optima Yellowtop. Hook all that stuff up to the yellowtop, and you should be fine.

The neons and underbodies don't pull as much power as you think, though. Can you post up a list of everything you have?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that was the plan but the battery guys said that the red top would just just as well with all that stuff as the yellow top. so... i am really trying to figure out why it is dyin the battery is maybe a year old and a optima which are supposed to be able to handle the extra stress,

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Optimas ARE supposed to handle the extra stress. THe Red Ones are mostly for starting though. THe Yellow Tops are for deep cycling and powerdraw, which is the one you want for all the ICE and Glow you are running.

Why does it keep dying? Are you saying the battery ITSELF keeps dying? Or there's flickering,etc? What's happening with it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it sits for like a day it is completely dead nothin works period, once i hook up my everystart thing it starts up and runs fine, yea the yellow top is deeper cycle, but according to batterymasters red top is deep and is supposed to handle all the glow, i guess they talked me into the red top, they said it would work just as well as the yellow top, and another thing is there are times that the negative post is corroded, i noticed that before i add stuff, and after the new battery, etc, it still does it sometimes, not like it used to, very aggrivatin i am good at this stuff, put lights and sound on my first car, and other peoples cars with no probs but the focus has trouble?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Is there a warranty on the battery? There is NO WAY it should be dying like that if it is less than a year old.

Is anything turned on or drawing power when the car is off and sits?

I would immediately take this back to the installers and tell them to fix it... because it sounds like it really should not be doing that....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well now that i have ran it for a few days it is doin better, but yea i think there is somethin drawin when it is off i just cant figure out wat

·
Registered
958 Posts
have u tried disconnecting all the ice/glow and seeing if that makes a diff? if it doesnt then u know its the battery...if it works properly then try adding in stuff till it stops working...maybe its too much for the alternator or something...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

Can't believe I didn't think of that.. *slaps self*

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it is a new alternator, and i did notice it started little better with out system, but i wouldnt say it was cause of the system, but i have a capacitor to help that, and to be honest that is the only major diff between my old cars sys and this one, is a capacitor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts