Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having my bike fit in my hatch was one of the top 5 thing i looked for when searching for my new car. I even took my bike to the different dealerships to fit it in. I have a 29er(specialized hardrock) mountain bike which is pretty much the biggest frame size you can get( 29inch rims instead of the average 26inch) but here are some pics of my bike in that hatch.

hope this helps

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the pics - good to see how it fits. Although personally, I'm still debating whether to get a roof rack or hitch, as I often bike with a friend of mine and would like to fit two bikes without playing tetris.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics - good to see how it fits. Although personally, I'm still debating whether to get a roof rack or hitch, as I often bike with a friend of mine and would like to fit two bikes without playing tetris.
Im definitely getting a roof rack. Ive got 2 bikes in there but like you said its chaos. I told myself im waiting to get it as a birthday present for myself sice im only running on a college budget, but that isnt until November.

And if your looking for a hitch rack/trunk rack here is pic of mine i got for 2 bucks at a thrift store!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Might consider a hitch mount for the road bike, depending on the cost.
I'm a Frugal individual, AKA cheap bastard!

·
Registered
778 Posts
My 29er fits in my 07 good to..

·
Registered
778 Posts
now I am workn on a custom hitch set up. soon to bee seen.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Standing up that is impressive.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Eh!
11,225 Posts
Nice Specialized!! I was wondering if mine would fit in my car...but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm too anal with the car only being 2 months old and the interior is so pretty lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 29er (large frame) fits in my non-hatch, but I have to take the wheel off and be careful not to scratch the interior.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice Specialized!! I was wondering if mine would fit in my car...but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm too anal with the car only being 2 months old and the interior is so pretty lol
Haha.. me 2. I don't want to ruin the interior of my 6 wk old focus or my bike. Besides, there's the subwoofer in the way and I usually have to carry 2 bikes (No way I will stack the bikes on top of each other...) That's why I'm considering installing a hitch and use my Yakima rack. I still wonder if it looks funny to have a hitch on a focus...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts