Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 03 SVT with a miss at 2900-3000 rpms. Changed the fuel filter, wires, plugs and coil... no dice. It hops under light load, i mean hops! And just stumbles through under heavy loads.

Any suggestions?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Does your car have the original factory tune?
There is a "reflash" that will help your situation.
Most refer to it as a "surge" if that's what you're feeling.

Here's the TSB that includes the reflash:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116

With that said, an aftermarket tune will run circles around that reflash.
Granted, you pay for it, but I also doubt that Ford will do their reflash for free either.
I also doubt you'll get it

·
Registered
347 Posts
Does your car have the original factory tune?
There is a "reflash" that will help your situation.
Most refer to it as a "surge" if that's what you're feeling.

Here's the TSB that includes the reflash:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116

With that said, an aftermarket tune will run circles around that reflash.
Granted, you pay for it, but I also doubt that Ford will do their reflash for free either.
I also doubt you'll get it

i just got off the phone with my local ford dealer, and he said, that as long as the car is under the 8year, 80k mile warranty, you will be able to get in and out for FREE. finally, i get to get rid of my problems, and that link to the page telling me about my PCM update, helped very very very much.

ill let you all know how it goes next week after its done.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
8/80,000 warranty time period is for emissions.

But, then again, that doesn't matter.
If your Dealer is going to set up the flash under that warranty, then by all means go for it. [thumb]
It's not that often a Dealer tries to help you like that anymore.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i got lucky. i called like 3 or 4 dealers. and of course. the one thats furthest from me gave me the help i was looking for. he's like, "yea, your applicable for the "recall" or "TSB" and whenever your available, come in and we can take care of it", i said, "for free, seeing as its a "recall/TSB", and he said, "yes. it will be taken care of by your 8/80 warranty. i said sweet, see you on saturday. so this coming saturday, I'm getting the flash done and ill keep posted here about what happened and how it all went down.

·
Registered
347 Posts
went to the dealer on saturday, drove home after they flashed the computer, and the SVT didn't studder or hessitate at all between 2200-3000 RPM, i was so excited. then i didnt drive my SVTF all day sunday, and went out this morning, monday, for work, started it up, VROOOOOOOOOOM, RPM's were at about 2k and didn't drop till i got 5 minuets from home, ever shift the RPM's shot up, till i let out the clutch,

we shall see what happens tomorrow morning. much better drive all and all and im glad i got it for free.

ill post again after tomorrow's driving around to keep up to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts