Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is not dead but its getting along in its life. I was talking to the only other guy that owns a SVT in my area and he said he just got his replaced for $2600 because they dont make the parts anymore making it a special order. Any truth to this? It sounds very very high but i live in Vancouver Canada and maybe the parts are not available here... I dunno just looking for some other opinions because i will cry if i have to fork out that kinda cash!

·
Registered
342 Posts
i know karl from massive could do alot better tha that.he is a site sponsor

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Sounds like they stuck him somewhere I won't say wh"rear" lol. Thats just way too much he could've gotten it cheaper. But then again he probably had the shop order the parts and they would mark up the price just to make more money off of him even though they did'nt pay that much. Shops do that. Then you have to add in labor and I'm sure they did'nt go easy on him lol.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
That seems extreme, even for a high performance clutch, and even if they replaced both the master cylinder and slave cylinder when doing the clutch. The only thing I think that could've brought the price up that high was replacing a flywheel, or flywheel friction surface if it was already aluminum.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Maybe they counted Import Tax (Vancouver Area)... I don't know just trying to give the guy who paid it a bit of relief ... [thankyou]

Good luck finding one ... I have also seen them for quite a bit cheaper ... well alot cheaper than that.

-Ray-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts