Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched around and have found info of people fitting them(my 2013plus sizing guide i got for free from work says it will fit) but i dont/cant find any info on if they will rub when the car is lowered. currently have the stock 16"alloys, when they wear out im putting on the 18" i bought off my boss's '13 fusion Ti 200$ for all four only 3k miles on them. my main beef is i want the michelin pilotsport a/s 3's but everytime i call theyre still unavailable and the michelin rep doesnt have an eta of when or if they will be available in the future, i can go with some bridgestone 970 or 760(had 760's on my 05 foci 2055016 fun tires) but id prefer the as3. again my main concern of doing the 245/40r18 to get the a/s3's is if the tires will rub when lowering, opting for the h&r coilovers, even with that im not sure if ill need new camber bolts for front and rear. thank you for your time [cheers]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
For lack of other answers so far, I'll mention that those are 1 size larger than stock so rub from that prob. won't be an issue.

I'll also remind you that the stock versions with those wheels limit steering to help prevent rubbing. On the other hand, many have used that size & I haven't heard a bunch of rubbing complaints - or else they know it'll happen & are careful! (honestly, some mention wondering why the limits are there on stock ones)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it will fit. More of a question of rubbing when the car is lowered say an inch or inch and a half

·
Registered
459 Posts
What's the offset on the Fusion wheels? Stock 18x8's on the Focus are et55; I have 7.5s on at et40 or 42, so my wheels will notionally "poke" about where the factory 18s do (1/2" narrower wheel, but about a 1/2" 'more' offset...).

I'm running 235/45s on about 1-1/2 lower, no issues at all, and I think I could run a 255 on it without issues.

The 245/40 18 would be about 1/3" taller than the stock 235/40 18s from a handling package Focus, and looking at mine, I don't think it would make any difference at all.

Unless there's a wild difference in offset on the Fusion wheels, I think you'll be fine (but pay attention to Sailor's admonitions about turning interference; or lack thereof apparently...). You can always bolt one up and take a look, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts