Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than calibrating the new MAF, are there any other changes to the computer system I would have to make to install 24# injectors?

Man this is starting to get expensive.

·
Registered
894 Posts
There is noway you should be going with 24lb injectors..........you are going to flood you engine...........for one bigger injectors DO NOT help your HP, they mearly give your engine the fuel it needs...................the only time you should change is when you are going to Turbo and only after you install it...........senseless to waste your money on it..........I'm only running 24's on my 97 Gt With 125 shot of juice, I didn't have to but nowing the extra fuel was there make me feel more comfortable..............but to answer your question get an Air Flow Meter calibrated for the 24's that should be all you need..........but please don't waste your money............buy something that will actually help your performance

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you are not adding a turbo you don't need them..........your stock injectors will be more than enough..........there is nothing you can do to that car other then Turbo that will make it need that much fuel...........my brother just build him an forged, fully balanced engine with dished pistons(set up for Turbo), FMS stage 3 cams, Chip,Exhaust w/Off Road Header, ETC and still stock injectors.............no need for them...............He is going to get an Air Flow Meter(on order if I remember right).......I would go with your meter like you said, they do help alot.........you can always get a different calibration module if you go turbo..........

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cumberland..........Between DC and Morgantown............We are getting ready to open our shop in the spring.........I sell parts online now but we are going to have shop to install then........My brother installs some now on the side(he's a Ford Tech and works of Focus and Mustangs on the side)..........If you need anything let me know...........

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Jisturm don't listen to this guy, he knows nothing of the focus.

The stock injectors/fuel system begin to tax out at around 160 hp.

His stang is different, same rules do not apply.

No you don't just change injectors if getting a turbo and no they won't flood your engine.

Silverzx5 don't come in here and post incorrect information.

·
Registered
894 Posts
focaltech I have to disagree.........there is no way that with bolt ons that he is going to need 24lb injectors..........you might want to upgrade to a bigger fuel rail but those injectors will be plenty..........stock engine is rated what around 130Hp..........your trying to say that you can only get an extra 30hp before upgrading to 24lb injectors, the true way to tell is take it a get it dynoed and calibrated............I know that my mustang has a different system but the basic principle applies.........until you make radical mods(Turbo, Nitrous, or engine build) you won't need those injectors..........I was trying to give sensable advice to someone, there is many other things that he could buy before he gets to that point............You saying that I don't know anything is very ignorant and rude.........I know you been around here awaile but come on...........

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the brief revised mod list, then tell me if the 24# injectors would be good:

Lentech rebuilt tranny and torque converter
FC 65mm TB
2K Ported intake mani
FR Plug wires w/ Autolite DBL Plats
Fidanza Cam gears
Crower Stage ones
Shorty Header
RT Cat
Bosal Flex
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Proflo 70mm MAF
Ford Chip

Poss: 24# injectors

·
Registered
894 Posts
I honestly don't think so.........but what do I know.........I don't know anything about a ford focus...............sorry to mislead you jisturm............also is this what you have done to the car or planning on doing?????????

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'd say once you get to that point get it dyno tuned and go from there...........that will be the best way to go.................

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Silverzx5, you have no experience tuning the focus.

You may think I am rude but I have been doing this to these cars for awhile.

When I say 160 hp I mean at the wheels.

I have dyno'd and tuned 60+ foci. I have seen the a/f ratio on various cars running N/A at around 160 whp. All of the cars I have seen react better with a calibrated MAF and injector setup at that power level.

These aren't mustangs these cars react differently.

Jisturm, your combo would be much better with a worked cylinder head and different cams. No point in spending all that money on the trans to make 140+ whp.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What would be your suggestions Focal? If I did a worked head and diff cam, I wouldn't have to beef up the the ATX?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
No you still would, I just meant that if your gonna to the trans anyway. Might as well make some more power.

With your parts list, in a manual car you could make low to mid 140's at the wheels.

With a FR head and FR stage 2 cams you can make alot more power and torque without having to rev super high.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet, You really aren't that far from me here. Would you be willing to help tune the monster when I get a little deeper into it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts