Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get wheels that are 16x7.5 42et for my 2004 Focus and then down the road 225/50/16 tires. I'm on Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs (1.5 inch drop approximately). I need to know what people's experience has been with 225 wheels of ANY diameter as well as 7.5 inch wide wheels. I just want to know if I have a chance of pulling this off. Yes I tried searching, no I didn't find much because search is useless.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used to have a set of 17x7.5 with 42 offset and a 215 45 tire and they rubbed a decent bit. I am on the sportlines though which are a half inch lower. You may get lucky with that setup or you may need to roll the fenders

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will likely rub pretty good with that setup. I was lower with my eibach sport lines, but I had much less offset and still rubbed with 225/50r16 on stock 16x6 et53 wheels.

Here's some reference for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will likely rub pretty good with that setup. I was lower with my eibach sport lines, but I had much less offset and still rubbed with 225/50r16 on stock 16x6 et53 wheels.

Here's some reference for you.

Lol why were you running that wide of a tire on the stock skinny wheels

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have a set of 17x7.5 with 42 offset and a 215 45 tire and they rubbed a decent bit. I am on the sportlines though which are a half inch lower. You may get lucky with that setup or you may need to roll the fenders
What situations did it rub? If all I have to do is roll the fenders then I don't mind that. I heard of some people on here using 225s just fine with that setup and others not. I can't figure out why.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most bumps I'd hit or even going through a decent dip in the road it would rub. If you rolled the fenders it would *probably* be fine though

·
Registered
44 Posts
more tire, more grip. I couldn't fork out cash for new, wider wheels at the time. They would rub in the front any time the wheel was turned. straight line it was fine, because of the high +53 offset on the wheels. I also rubbed in my focus with 17x8 et40 with 215/40r17, but just barely. You should be fine with a fender roll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts