Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within a couple weeks I'll have my new gauge face installed.. I've seen pictures of it and it looks awesome! I'll post pics once its installed and videos showing it in action :)

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Where did you find a 220mph guage?

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
more like how its gonna be calibrated lol

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
This post is as useless as toast without butter. I blame you for the death of this baby seal I have to club.
Wow that's pretty morbid [8] But I LOL'ed

And yes I'm curious where you got it and how it's going to be calibrated, you sure it's not in K/PH?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still working out the details on getting it to work.. on my end the highest i could go is 170mph calibrated.. but im talkin to some people to see about going 220mph..

if i cant do a 220mph gauge, then ill probably get a 160mph one

·
Registered
656 Posts
still working out the details on getting it to work.. on my end the highest i could go is 170mph calibrated.. but im talkin to some people to see about going 220mph..

if i cant do a 220mph gauge, then ill probably get a 160mph one
I see you having more luck getting it to work with the 160mph one.If the tach wasn't different you could use the gauge face off the SVT cluster.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know i can get it to work with the 160mph one..

only thing stopping me with the 220mph one is id need someone else to calibrate the speedo (tuner)

·
Registered
656 Posts
i know i can get it to work with the 160mph one..

only thing stopping me with the 220mph one is id need someone else to calibrate the speedo (tuner)
Do you know of anyone that has actally got this to work by changing tires revolutions per mile using the xcal?I believe that is what you posted in another thread on how you were going to do it.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183994
Useally changing the tires revolutions per mile seting is to compensate for a speedo that is slighly off from runing a tire that is shorter or taller than stock.

If you change it to make the speedo read higher want your car still actually be going slower than the speedo reads.

I dont know man i dont see it working unless the actual cluster is reprogramed and calibrated with a set of custom gage faces.

·
Registered
900 Posts
why do you want i gauge that goes up to 220 any way?...now i'm not saying that you cant but i don't think you could get the car up to that anyway...at least on the streets...just curious?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
fx4baja..

yeah id need to adjust the revolutions per mile to like 1340 or something like that which you cant do with the xcal, it only goes up to 900, but down to less than 600 lol. but i believe a tuner can adjust it, or if i had the proracer software i could recalibrate it. thats why im checking on it. if i cant, then the highest i could go on the speedo would be like 170 so a 160mph speedo would work and look best.

and focus_kid i just think a 220mph speedo would look cool. yeah theres no way i could go 220mph, but i can def go over [nono], have on many occasions. i just want to see how fast im actually going.. 180mph or 200mph gauge would be preferred i guess, but a 220mph one looks cooler haha

·
Registered
900 Posts
ok...but just be safe when you are going at those speeds.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
sure thing! the focus actually has awesome high speed stability, better than a lot of performance cars like the 350z, and better than a lot of mustangs ive driven.

i dunno if lowering it with stiff springs, and the front lip helped a lot, but its awesome and very stuck to the road at [nono]

·
Registered
656 Posts
fx4baja..

yeah id need to adjust the revolutions per mile to like 1340 or something like that which you cant do with the xcal, it only goes up to 900, but down to less than 600 lol. but i believe a tuner can adjust it, or if i had the proracer software i could recalibrate it. thats why im checking on it. if i cant, then the highest i could go on the speedo would be like 170 so a 160mph speedo would work and look best.

and focus_kid i just think a 220mph speedo would look cool. yeah theres no way i could go 220mph, but i can def go over [nono], have on many occasions. i just want to see how fast im actually going.. 180mph or 200mph gauge would be preferred i guess, but a 220mph one looks cooler haha
I understand what your wanting to do but your not going to be able to by adjusting the revolutions per mile.You can make it read faster and slower but than you will just have an inaccurate speedo reading.

Here is an example i have a lifted Superduty pickup with 37" tall tires stock is around 31" tall so my speedo is off. I can take it to the dealer(up to a 35" tire) and have them to reprogram the tire revolutions per mile to compensate for the larger tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts