Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its stripped of course (the ST), and there gunna lower my payments, should I tell them my SE is tuned? and there gunna see the intake and exhaust, should that be a factor at all? it has tinted windows and perfect black plasti-dipped rims and my headlight tint job found here.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6524217&postcount=29

Car comes in Thursday and I got first dibs.

Should I let them balk at me over mods? it has the extended warranty for free ( don't ever pay for that, but demand it)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Pull the tune, you don't want that on a trade in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the tune, you don't want that on a trade in.

What about the device, that seems like a waste.....

I already hacked the [:)][:)][:)][:)] out of the intake, it has the snorkel delete with ramp to the air box intake, and a new mission mod, and I bolted a 2.5" exhaust to the manifold :(no cats, just pipe and a magnaflow 12226 muffler).

I honestly don't think the ST will impress me, but I'm going to drive it and find out, you can always mod the ST, but will MPG increase? kinda stuck on my 45 MPG hiway.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
What about the device, that seems like a waste.....
Unfortunately the tuner can only be married to one car. However the dealer likely isn't going to want to deal with it. I'd also recommend returning to stock as best as possible unless you find a person willing to buy the car as is where is right now before getting the ST.

Short of raising the compression ratio a lot and staying out of boost the ST won't get anywhere near the fuel economy of the N/A, but it has a lot more performance potential out of the gate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$22,380 plus your car as a trade in? Or just 22ish for the ST?
22,380 for the ST alone, its a ST1

It's what I asked him for 2 years ago, I swear he wrote that down and it took him 2 years to get one.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
No cats? That's a problem too. In your first post you said the ST was stripped and then you said it's an ST3? Which one is are you getting?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No cats? That's a problem too. In your first post you said the ST was stripped and then you said it's an ST3? Which one is are you getting?
the cheap one is that the ST1 then? No Rocarro seats, my bad. We don't have emissions up here thanks to Jessie the Body Ventura. (our ex-governor) so no cats is ok. ill go amend it sec, done. hell my avatar is my tailpipe, sexah huh?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
the cheap one is that the ST1 then? No Rocarro seats, my bad. We don't have emissions up here thanks to Jessie the Body Ventura. (our ex-governor) so no cats is ok. ill go amend it sec, done. hell my avatar is my tailpipe, sexah huh?
Recaro seats.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I bought it, $22,352 was the actual price. 9 whole miles on it and I put 3 of them on there during the test drive. doors open with the key in your pocket, and the push button start OMG, the key never leaves your pocket!

I can't pick it up till tomorrow cause they would not take my car with the snorkel delete and new mission mod done, spent the last hour putting the silencer back on and the snorkel.

They liked the plasti-dipped wheels and the tinted headlights so they said those two mods could stay on the car. They did not even mention my exhaust, but I did hear them reving it.

There paying for the fog light cover where the new mission mod pipe was and there paying for the fascia that the two chrome whiskers are on since I hacked a big hole in it to force air via a bent licence plate right into my airbox.

No MFT, no heated seats, no sunroof and no racaro seats, but I love it.

A stock ST beats my SE with all my mods, and the ST feels smoother.

Now I need tires with winter coming. Anyone in MN, WI, IA, ND, SD got the black 17"'s and want ST rims? I'll make a formal post later about this.

Thanks for reading, take care all

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts