Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found some wheels off of a foxbody, but the tires are 255/40/17 & 245/45/17. I dont want the tires, cause I already have some of my own. The only problem is that they are 215/40/17, would they still fit, or would I have to stretch?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Look up the width of those wheels ill bet they are 7 or 7.5" wide.

Back then stretching wasnt that popular so ide say the tires are more pinched on the wheels.

The thing ide be more concerned with is the offset. If the wheels are stock ill bet the offset isnt going to be high enough and they will hang way outside your fenders. If you are lowered that might not work.

With a low offset you might not be able to fully turn the wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out they are 9.5 inches wide. I think he is running a staggered setup, so the fronts might be 8.5 inches. They are not oem.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
yup that will be a huge stretch how much does he want for them? ill buy them and then pay you to ship them lol

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Never heard of faulken tires? Buy the stock focus wheels on craigslist for $200 I think they had tires also. Check la and inland impire. Don't waste ur time with those hideous wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never heard of faulken tires? Buy the stock focus wheels on craigslist for $200 I think they had tires also. Check la and inland impire. Don't waste ur time with those hideous wheels.
Haha. Yeah. I don't want to resort back to wheels, because I already have 17" tires with good tread. So I'm trying to re use those.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Well u offered the guy $250 for just the rims. While I've seen stock foci wheels in our area with tires for $200. So what's cheaper? Cheap 17's in our bolt pattern (unless u find svts) are ugly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
im looking for cobra r's [deviltail]
After looking at the one FS thread with the white wheels, i too want cobra Rs

I just started looking into the whole mustang wheels on focus, hopefully i can get a decent offset but i do like having them poke out the fenders. Not necessarily with those wheels, but honestly i think the only way youll know it has problems is by running it. If you like it that much im sure youll be able to work with it..or just look up people with similar wheel setups.

But if your looking for a replacement, like other people said you might as well get the stock ones

1 - 13 of 13 Posts