Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, someone's offering me some 215/60/R16 tires for this winter, but I'm not sure if they will rub or not. I have a 2002 ZX3, stock suspension. If anyone is running these, please let me know. Or if you know that these will rub, please post in this thread. Thank you!

+Rep for helpful answers!

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
No.

Those tires are a full 2" taller than the stock tires. You should keep searching for snow tires that are closer to the right size.

Reactions: _spyder

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thank you, that's all I needed to know. Whats the max size I should look for that will fit?

+Rep

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The 215/60-16 will be a full two inches taller than a stock equivalent 205/50-16 (26.1 vs 24.1"). That's a lot and based on numbers alone rubbing seems very possible. A lot will depend on the width and offset of the wheels you use and maintaining stock ride height will be critical. Your speedometer and odometer will be off by a fair amount as well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Okay, thank you, that's all I needed to know. Whats the max size I should look for that will fit? +Rep

205/55-16

(PS you shouldn't have to bribe people with rep points to get help. Rep points are, in my opinion, for extra special service. Like when someone goes out of their way to track something down or fully explains a recommendation. Too many people are expecting rep for simple yes and no answers. They're as bad as post number junkies).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts