Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
First of all i would like to introduce myself. My name is Bartos. I am Polish/Brooklyn raised (dont mind the spelling and grammar this is not an English forum). I am an interior designer who likes to get greasy after work. Besides the focus, which i present on this write up, i am an passionate owner of a rotary powered wide body firs gen. Mazda Rx7
(http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3020526)
I am not afraid to chop things around, as well I usually do things first and then think about it.

Right after getting a good deal on Mustang 8"wide 15" tall Borbet rims (125 bucks) I have decided to put them out on the focus

Local flat fix place gave me spanking hairy 75 dollar tires, and after fitting them on the back for sure it looked great but first bump gave me stomachache. Quick thought came on my [email protected]@#! just lost bunch of dollars...but then and white bright angel in a form of "greeeen cloud" whispered..heheheh..chop it off MAN!(fenders)

Still i gave it another try to check how it looks up front, and surprisingly front had more clearance than the back, but i upon highway speed bumps i ended up scratching fenders a bit but at this point i had partial solution ready...(heheh... hop it up MAN). On top of tat i started shaving the outer rubbers a bit which had me to do the job even quicker.

Following below will be quick scope of labor for giving more clearance to the tires. it might also help to lowered and in other direction modified cars. I is not pretty job, but i said the car is purely for functionality with a spice of an attitude. Also in my situation will help out getting surfing and snowboarding trips as i travel a lot .

PROCEDURE:
1. Remove the wheel as well the plastics

2, with a 5 lb hammer pound uot the extruding seam of the frame. On the driver side you will have to move windshield fluid reservoir out to prevent damages

3. Niche and re bend the fender flares. sketch the curve first using marker attached to a string and center point somewhere on the rim (the shape you like)

4.Now you are going to have to move the bumper line inwards
or cut out w/ a dremel v shape slice (pass the jont screw between bumper and fender)and bond it back utilizing the same screw and mounting. point

5. Repeat the process on the other side

6. repeat the progress on the other side and the back (it is different geometry) take a picture and enjoy final ride..it is amazing good in reference to stock:)

Also keep in mind that bumper (plastic) pieces you can joint together with a hear gun and pieces from scrap bumpers (highway find)

You might want to run a seam of fiberglass and epoxy it on the inner lip that you have just created to give it a strength. And them bondo it. I will probably add fender flares, and well put these big tires to the back and put "stretched ones up front). I have a side skirts fabricated from pink epoxy resistant foam and fiberglass. When all things come together into one flow i think the car will receive a nice attitude.

I hope this reference material helps a bit and please check out my cardomain web page id # rotofaka..big thanx!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3020526

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
lol....Awesomeness.... That is one tore up Wagon....but she looks like she is loved which is most important...

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
props for doing that kind of work to your car, but im gonna be the one to say, it would have been easier with the right size tire, a 215/45/15 would have saved you all the hassle

but either way props man, thats much more work that i would have tackled

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
props for doing that kind of work to your car, but im gonna be the one to say, it would have been easier with the right size tire, a 215/45/15 would have saved you all the hassle

but either way props man, thats much more work that i would have tackled
Objective#1: I first do then think quote
Objective#2: I have experimented with oversize because i need tall tire in the back to tow my rx7 project- tow triangle tends to hit upon bumps like gas station platforms

total amount of work- this is what i do every evening- build things (3 hours:)

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
no offense but it looks like hell

maybe after some major body work it will look alright, but right now it looks horrid...

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Do you have plans to "rally" her, or at least AutoX?

I've never seen a wagon on the track.... you should take some pics.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Oh! On Second thought...there is a guy here in the Buy Sell Trade Section who is renting out his fender roller.....You might try that on your next fender project lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
The tires look good. The bumper is a little put together but a little body work and it will look great. Also your carpentry work is awesome! Definitely keep working at the carpentry!

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
interesting..but dude, wtf are you doing to that front bumper? it's like you're fuzing two bumpers together...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you
Please watch next episode "butchering rear end, passionate love story"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
no offense but it looks like hell maybe after some major body work it will look alright, but right now it looks horrid...

yeah thats exactly how i feel when i have a shitty day or sit too much at the computer, but on another hand
'To the world you might be one person,But to one person you just might be the world' [/QUOTE]

this is a major body work; pre-conceptual from the scratch

............................................................................................................................................

QUOTE ktweltch..Do you have plans to "rally" her, or at least AutoX?

I've never seen a wagon on the track.... you should take some pics.

Yeah i put the car sideways every other night-4 lane skids at the time at the industrial neighborhoods by my house- no joke i push it. I will do little video flick. the momentum of the car is stiff because it is long, but ones you go sideways..huh..good pre practice to my rx7 drift days:)
and the fender rolling:)..could be, but on another hand im ghetto plus i think those fender rolers roll only the inside lip inwards, dont actually trim or roll fenders main line (searched youtube...but i might be mistaken). thanx for comments
...........................................................................................................................................................................

QUOTE: The tires look good. The bumper is a little put together but a little body work and it will look great. Also your carpentry work is awesome! Definitely keep working at the carpentry!-Nate .

thank you- in reality it is almost like framing the wall (less the joint compound:)

......................................................................................................................................................................

QUOTE: interesting..but dude, wtf are you doing to that front bumper? it's like you're fuzing two bumpers together...Zetec Crew #168-

i fould it after snow storm last winter, next to home depot. I figured it has gone to good home

..........................................................................................................................................................................
QUOTE: i don't know what to say, am i having a nightmare?

and your life wont be the same i hope the image of Frankensteined focus wont stuck in you head for more than 1 night:)

..............................................................................................................................................................................

QUOTE: A Focus work truck! Cool.thanks.

rigid race car up front. hauler work car in the back

..........................................................................................................................................................

I have completed driver side skirt last night. Fiberglass over pink construction foam (blue melts). Overall fatties (tires) will go to the back. Up front i will do narrower "stretch" with 205/50(55)/15 rather 215/60/15. i dont want to loose too much of this height it is "great" on highway", and ground effects give incredible suction cup effect. thank anyways. B

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
updates. rear fender trimmed same procedure together w/ moved and reshaped bumper. also internal changes which at this point is an speculation, but i am an opimist. mushrooms air cleaner on eliminaten air box. i will raise hood 1/4" at the brackets expand the seal for better breathing and attitude

...and whats that there on the intake tube. Is it and translucent hose...OH YEAH IM GOING HYDRIOGEN

almost forgot got the low beam rocking

check the updates for Hugging Corners treats...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts