Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a set of new 215/45/17 tires. I don't know much about tires so I figured I'd ask here. I'm looking for some nice performance summers or all seasons that grip well, will last a while, are relatively quiet and overall just a good daily driven tire. Any suggestions are appreciated

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
You'll have to figure out if your looking for a/s's or wet/dry's......If your looking for a/s, go w/ the uhpas's......http://tirerack.com has loads of vids of tests compo's......

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
btw I'm running the dws06's.......

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should've also said that I have second vehicle for our Canadian winters so I'm leaning more toward summers as I don't really need all seasons

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
IDK how far you'd want to go w/ performance tires, I'd think one notch down from the extreme performance which are the max performance group....3 great ones are the Michelin Pilot 4S, Continental Extremecontact Sport that replaces the D/W & the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 pole position......throw in the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetic 3's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet thanks for the suggestions, I'll check the reviews for those and see what suits my needs best

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts
Don't forget to check out reviews on Discount Tire & TireRack when shopping.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I'm really liking the PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ for a not too expensive all around great tire.

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts
Reactions: felixthecat

·
Registered
508 Posts
Michelin Pilot 3 A/S is probably the best 3-season all-season you can find. It grips considerably well and you'll never notice that it's an all-season tire from the way it performs and in the dry and wet.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
continental extremecontactsport are excellent in the rain and good in the dry.

also i have heard good things about the indy halk 500. really decent for the price.

Reactions: felixthecat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another Canadian here. I'd suggest the Continental DWS-06, too, it's a high performance all-season tire, and it is LIGHT! The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 does not work in any snow, and I've read that its replacement, the A/S 3+ is not much better. Last October, 85 miles North of Toronto, I was driving in snow, and I've seen snow on the May 24 weekend less than 100 miles North of Toronto.

I've had 3 sets of the older DWS, but there is a car in the family with the DWS-06, and while it has never seen snow, they are good tires. The DWS was the only non-race tire that I have ever driven down to the wear bars, because they still worked well in the wet.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Another Canadian here. I'd suggest the Continental DWS-06, too, it's a high performance all-season tire, and it is LIGHT! The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 does not work in any snow, and I've read that its replacement, the A/S 3+ is not much better. Last October, 85 miles North of Toronto, I was driving in snow, and I've seen snow on the May 24 weekend less than 100 miles North of Toronto.

I've had 3 sets of the older DWS, but there is a car in the family with the DWS-06, and while it has never seen snow, they are good tires. The DWS was the only non-race tire that I have ever driven down to the wear bars, because they still worked well in the wet.
I have to, wore down the previous dws's down to the wear bars into the summer, till I swapped then out for the dws06 version. Each version gets better as I started w/ the Extreme contact's that were directional.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts