Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just hit 20K this weekend and was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions on what I should miantaine, do for mods, or watch out for as my car getting more millage.

I still have stock spark plugs and have yet to change them out how long do they last and what one's should I go w/. Also, brakes how long typicly do they last for and what do you suggest. or any other normal maintiance stuff you guys can think of.[headbang]

And should I have changed the oil by now?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Check your manual noob! Nah, J/K Guy! I guess check all the fluids, Brakes may depend on how much you use them, you know? Plugs? I'm not sure, they are fairly cheap, so it prob wouldn't hurt anything to change them. I have Autolite XP 104's in mine.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
...LOLOLOL! I know all that stuff Wes. I don't need fluid changed and YES i have changed my oil, but what about brakes and spark plugs...? what kind and where from you know that kind of stuff. Plus I can't read my manual b/c I can't read......I'm bolimic! And you say brakes "depending on how much I use them".....I use them every time I stop.....rite?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
ok the plugs last about 50k, don't worry about them yet

BRAKES (note the spelling) shouldn't be up yet however replacing them with a nice set of ceramic pads will keep your wheels cleaner and will stop noticeably faster

its almost time for a fuel filter change (at 25k) make sure you don't forget about that one

if you're a manual, changing the tranny fluid with some Redline ATF (available from FS) sometime before 35k is a good idea as well

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Get that fuel filter changed!! lol. I would flush the brake/slave fluid as well. I know the first time I did mine at around 25k the brake fluid was dark and the slave fluid was even darker. Nasty. Replace those plugs with some 104's and I would change the tranny fluid as well.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
u can do all that stuff, but plugs, fluids should go 75 to 100k. i dont replace unless theres a problem. brake fluid i will do when i do them. tossing in some nice ceramic pads.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
20k is still fairly new....spark plugs would be a good thing to do in near future but I wouldent stress about the car if its running properly.....maybe balance the wheels and tires

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, guy can do them if he wants, but i think its premature.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i hit 23k and i wanted to replace my coolant/anit freeze and brake fluids. Im ingorant where the drain plugs are lol any advice? 2007 ZX3

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
for the brakes, u need to bleed them thru the calipers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts