Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if 205-70-15s will fit fine on a stock suspensioned zx3. or will it require spacers ?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
That's a BIG tire for a FoFo at about 26.5". That's about 2" taller then stock!
If you were running a rally type suspension that would lift the car you would probably be OK. But if you want to give it a go, let us know.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a BIG tire for a FoFo at about 26.5". That's about 2" taller then stock!
If you were running a rally type suspension that would lift the car you would probably be OK. But if you want to give it a go, let us know.
well i know that the stock suspension is pretty high , so im thinking they would fit but might require small spacers to fit. and im sure this is a silly question , but instead of paying big bucks for spacers , why dont people just use washers ? dumb question , but im just curious.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok just googled "washers as wheel spacers" and found my answer to that. god i love google.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
yeah wayy to big, you would need well over an inch of a spacer to make the tire clear the spring seat on the strut, and then your not gonna clear the fender, its not gonna work but you can try all you want.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have run 205/60/15 and currently running 205/55/16, no problems. A 205/65/15 might just clear the strut perch, 205/70/15 will not clear like previously mentioned and the spacers will just create other fit problems.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
come to think of it. a few winters ago i had either 215-70's or 215-65 snows tires on my focus with no issues. maybe time for a test fit. gutta find a stock suspension though.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Why 70s? on tirerack the difference between the 205/65 and the 205/70 is just a few dollars. The 65 actualy are the cheaper of the 2 sizes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts